Hit & Run

So annoyed. Someone at work hit my car today and left this behind...

photo_zps5ptizkni.jpg

Went to a body shop on the way home and they said they don't think this could be done by paintless removal. Are they right? They said that it is a fill and respray so £275+VAT :@ sounds a lot?

sorry to see this..hope you manage to get it sorted cheaper than that ..you could try to use some t-cut polish compound on it..and then a touch up paint maybe..

It's the dents more than anything, should be able to polish out the scuff apart from the one on the bump strip

This seriously pisses me off mate! Twice my car has been hit now and the f####r has drove off! Hope you get it sorted cheap as possible.

It's a crap thing to do by a colleague (most likely). As for the price it sounds about right if the whole panel is getting painted.

Cheers everyone - sucks as that money was going to be used for new induction kit this month! Will have to wait now.
[MENTION=4792]Paddy_R[/MENTION] - yeah that's the price for whole panel to be filled and painted, as I have never had it done before I didn't know how much it should be costing

I can't believe how dishonest some people are. They'd be the first ones to kick up a stink if it was them on the receiving end.

It's a shame you have to sacrifice something that you wanted to pay for their mistake.

That's f*cking cheap for a 1/4 done properly (i.e everything removed and refitted, bumper , skirt, bump strip), you wont get those dents out via PDR as stated, sadly its on a line at the lower arch, which is a bitch, as it wont be absolutely as OEM again, some thoughts got to go into the filling and pulling on that area, you don't want to loose that line in that area, make sure you say that to them.

Id say for that £ you'll be getting a nice lacquer blend to the top line, ask them exactly what they are doing, you don't want a crappy smart repair effort you'll end up paying twice for.

Si @ SS

Last edited:
That's f*cking cheap for a 1/4 done properly (i.e everything removed and refitted, bumper , skirt, bump strip), you wont get those dents out via PDR as stated, sadly its on a line at the lower arch, which is a bitch, as it wont be absolutely as OEM again, some thoughts got to go into the filling and pulling on that area, you don't want to loose that line in that area, make sure you say that to them.

Id say for that £ you'll be getting a nice lacquer blend to the top line, ask them exactly what they are doing, you don't want a crappy smart repair effort you'll end up paying twice for.

Si @ SS

Cheers for the heads up Si. I'll make sure to say that to him - will a lacquer blend to the top line be noticeable?