Hid 200

As im sure other 200 folk were when they seen the 200 didnt come with the option of HID, has anyone fitted a kit to theres yet and if so?

How hard?
What ones (5k? 6k? etc)
Will I lose my auto headlights option?
Feedback?

Chris

remove front bumper, remove headlights, then the kit fits inbetween the the plug of the car and a new bulb that replaces the standard, then youve gota mount the unit somewhere, doubt it will affect the auto lights as it only switches the headlightys on and off.

and 6000k i fink what people use, pm kevo66, he normally gets them

nah mate, mine am factory fitted xenons, upgraded my standard 4300k bulbs with 8000k bulbs.

Yes got loads. I did have 6k but am now running 8k. I'll start a new thread with some pics. Busy at work so will try and get them up this week :smile:

They look awesome with the 200 projector lights!

hello guys! greetings from italy!

this is my first post, i'll start with an answer. I have 197 with oem optional projector lights. Does this mean that i have xenon lights or i have to mount an HID kit?

And about changing bulbs.. really i have to remove the front bumper and remove the entire headlight?? (i've try to have look inside but i didn't find any way to have a clear access to the bulb..)

Thank you!

cheers

it depend mate, you can get optical headlights without xenons/HIDs, is a there a slight blue tint to your headlights when you first turn them on? and yes you have to remove the front bumper to change the bulbs/ fit a HID kit, but it is quite easy to remove the front bumper.

projectors or optical are the head lights that look like theve got a crystal ball in the middle, you can get these with or without xenons depending if youve added them as a optional extra on the 197, dont think either are available as an option on the 200 as im pretty sure someone on here had to get a brand new set from a lower model that had them as standard or as an option.

yeh there h7 mate

I dont know about the clio but on the old corsa c with projectors when fitting aftermarket HID's can burn/melt the lenses....
hopefully they are glass and wont though! get some pics up!

Thx Ryan! What about removing front bumper: officer manual, diagram, images or something like that giving an help?

Thanks again!

remove both front wheels, remove the inner wheel arch liner (front part), various flat plastic clips and 2 x torx screws fixing it to the under tray, once removed you will see a bolt near the lip that connects the bumper to the wing (both sides) then the bumper pulls and unclips from the wing. pop the bonnet, there two bolts either side of the bonnet latch and a plastic flathead clip next to each headlight. under the car you will 2 bolts that fix the bumper under tray to the sub frame, take them out, them the bumpet will just unhook from the front of the car.

if you pm an email address i will send you a guide with pics i got from else where.

I have fitted HIDs to the standard 200 headlights (w/black background).
You dont have to remove the front bumper, although it is very tight for space to get your hands in to remove/add new bulbs. You will however have to remove the plastic covers over the battery. Be prepaired for skint knuckles and some new swear words being developed :scared:lol. As for the ballasts I have cable tied them to the areas just above and behind the lights. I'l post up pictures to show as i cant describe it properly.
This is on the standerd reflector lights remember, if you have the cash go for the projector lights aswell, sure someone tracked a set down.

I have fitted HIDs to the standard 200 headlights (w/black background).
You dont have to remove the front bumper, although it is very tight for space to get your hands in to remove/add new bulbs. You will however have to remove the plastic covers over the battery. Be prepaired for skint knuckles and some new swear words being developed :scared:lol. As for the ballasts I have cable tied them to the areas just above and behind the lights. I'l post up pictures to show as i cant describe it properly.
This is on the standerd reflector lights remember, if you have the cash go for the projector lights aswell, sure someone tracked a set down.

So it is possible :smile:

They look and work fine?

Pictures please and kit used etc

well when i removed the bulb covers i couldnt get them back on as they are right infront of the wings chasis, for the amount of messing about in small spaces you mite aswell remove the bumper or do a side at a time, while its off aswel you can remove the box section that blocks of the airfeed to the airfilter.

So it is possible :smile:

They look and work fine?

Pictures please and kit used etc

Replied to pm
Will try to get picks up 2moro showing the ballasts etc.

well when i removed the bulb covers i couldnt get them back on as they are right infront of the wings chasis, for the amount of messing about in small spaces you mite aswell remove the bumper or do a side at a time, while its off aswel you can remove the box section that blocks of the airfeed to the airfilter.

I konw what you mean it is tight, but I didnt fancy pulling off the bumper to my nice new shiny car:nope:lol. By the time you wheek off the wheels and bumpers you could have it done. It took me about 3-4hours.
Although if its the whole package ie. projecters aswell then ofcourse the bumper would have to come off?