Hi

Tiggy Rascal

Paid Member
Just wanted to say hi. I've been using the forum for about a year just lurking but I wanted to share my car and and if I could help anyone that'd be cool. Had my 197 RB for nearly a year. Hear is the spec.

Racing blue with all of the manufacture extras including sunroof.

Quaife lsd.
Lowered on eibach springs.
Upgraded engine mount. I think it's vibra technics.
K and N panel filter
Light weight fly wheel.
Sprint booster.

Things that need doing.

Blowing exhaust. I had it welded at the centre silencer a few months back. I think it's gone again. I really want a new exhaust and manifold but can't decide.

Brakes need doing all round. I'm planning on doing this over the next month or so. I'm just going to get some Mtec. Also my locking wheel nuts on the rears are seized so I have to work out how to get them of. Thinks no of welding a nut onto them.

I also get a judder sometimes from 70-80/90. Only on full throttle though. I think it's got something to do with the drive shafts or mounts. I've already changed ball joints as they where shot.

In all I'm happy with my little clio and really appreciate this forum.IMG_0140.JPGIMG_0184.JPGIMG_0183.JPGIMG_0141.JPGIMG_0178.JPG

Good to hear from you and great you've joined in :smile:

Ive removed a few locking nuts by welding another nut on-top. Should be no big issue for someone with a little experience.

Brakes again are a known weak-spot and do require some fettling / servicing on a regular basis. With your yearly service is a sound idea for a lube-up, ensuring pins are ok, renewing fluid etc

Drive-chain judder might take a little more investigation !!!

Good luck and enjoy the forum.

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of incredibly helpful and knowledgeable people on here so we will be happy to help if you have any queries :smile:

Thanks for the welcome. What do you guys use to upload decent pics. And are any of you into car detailing? I spend far to much time and money cleaning the car.

Thanks for the welcome. What do you guys use to upload decent pics. And are any of you into car detailing? I spend far to much time and money cleaning the car.

I personally used PhotoBucket, but I know a lot of folk use Flickr as well - down to personal preference I suppose!

I'm sure you'll find loads of people on here that are well into their detailing :wink: there's a dedicated part of the forum if you want to have a look in there. But as above, any specific questions, ask away!

And are any of you into car detailing? I spend far to much time and money cleaning the car.

I am. Now hugely-hugely....but do spend a fair bit of time fettling, fiddling, improving and cleaning of course.

Not really a huge brand-man cleaning-wise, but have enough stuff that i've found actually works for most jobs !

IMG_4832_zpsv5q47qj3.jpg

Nice one. I've just ordered some sonax detailer to try out. I am addicted to bilt hamber, auto finesse and gtechniq among loads of others. love trying different products out. Can anyone recommend a good place in Birmingham for alloy refurbs. I have used a similar product to plastidip on them while I decide what colour to go for. [emoji106]

Welcome along! I like my detailing products, just not so much actually using them on the car lately lol!