Hi....New to 197.net and Renault!

Welcome mate.

Best colour by a mile :smile:

What tyres have you got there?

Yes, I love the colour. It was that combined with the wheels that made me drive the 200 miles to buy this car!

Unfortunately I have got a right 'ole mix of tyres at the moment - one of my pet hates actually!

There are Pirelli Pzeros on the front, , then a conti sport 3 and a cheapo but new 'V' pattern tyre, which I don't like, on the back. Clearly the V pattern tyre was a quick fix option for replacing what I guess was another Conti on the back which must have punctured.

So whilst they are all good and useable, it looks messy and uneven on the back due to the very different tyre patterns and tread depths.

So I shall put up with this for a while, whilst I replace brake pads, which need doing on both my cars at the moment, and then in the new year, once recovered from the Christmas outlay, I shall get some new tyres all round to even things up and keep the 'orrible V pattern as a spare I think.

Pzero's seem pretty grippy but difficult to tell whats going on at the back!

Don't know what would have come on the car originally, I guess the Conti's, but it would appear in 21,000 miles, the front tyres have been replaced and are are now down to about 3.5mm again. So it would appear the little beasty eats tyres!

Don't know how others find tyre wear on theirs?

I have got some Hankook v12s on mine at the front, replaced the Conti's they fit as standard. I like them, especially for the money! I hate having odd tyres too. I had to change the front's not long after buying the car and it had done nearly 14k miles. So I should think they are ok depending on your driving style and how much you boot it! Same with most cars though tbh. My 1.2 Clio used to need front rubber every 9k ish! Lol! I did drive it quite spirited though!

Slammed means being lowered as low as it will go. But the term can also mean just being lowered too.

Ahh, Ok. Won't be messing around with mine, like to keep things standard. Will certainly give the Hankooks a look when I change though, sounds as though are a good option.