Hi New 197 owner from Australia

Just brought a 2008 Clio 197 and today I finally received it (after 2 weeks of the dealer pushing back the date). So far I am loving it, brilliant car, so much fun driving it.

Few questions the manual or the dealer don't seem to know is:
1. Anyway to change the clock to 12 hour format.
2. If I get the AUX cable to plug into the back of the radio is there any way to lead out the cable without the need to drill (no ready to put holes in it yet)
3. It comes with climate control so it should come auto lights + wipers right? When I turn it on auto mode with the wipers it just turns them on and holding down the auto lights button doesn't seem to make any difference. Not that fussed but it would be a nice to have feature.

And a thanks to everyone on this site. I has been my one stop site in the lead up to getting this new car.

Last edited:
Welcome dude.
The cable should be able to route out through the glovebox. Renault tunepoint maybe your answer.

I'm not sure about the other question. Have a search through the forum it maybe of some help.

1 and 3 can be programmed with a RENAULT CLIP. As for the 2nd one, I think It can be done, but you will need a bit more time and quite small hands.

Hi welcome to the forum.

1) look in the manual. I'm sure it'll tell you
2) Depends on whether you have a 'update list' stereo which plays the mp3 discs? Can run it through the glove box if so.
3) If you have full fat, which it sounds like you do, yes it should have auto lights and wipers. If you hold the button on the end of the stalk for auto lights it should come up with a little message on the display as it turns on and off.

Welcome to the forum :smile:

There is a guide on how to fit an AUX cable in the 'how-to' section - you'll need to become a paid member to view it, but it is well worth the money :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions