Hi from Southampton

Morning Everyone,

I've been signed up to this forum for ages but I don't think I ever actually posted. Anyway, tomorrow is results day for the final exam to become a chartered accountant, and good results mean I can finally get the Clio 200 I've wanted for ages. I've tried all kinds of cars, Civic Type Rs, BMW 1 series (125i and 123d), Nissan Skyline GTTs(!), a Corsa VXR and so on, and the Clio is by far and away the car I've had the most fun driving, though the spaceship interior of the Civic ran it close. So the Clio it (almost certainly) is.

As it is I'm pretty much set on a Clio 200, but I'm also a bit tempted to go for a 197 and leave a bit of cash in reserve to do some mods.... decisions decisions. The yellow rev counter on the 200 may swing it though. Pathetic, I know, but I love it...

So anyway, yeah, Hi :smiley:

As it is I'm pretty much set on a Clio 200, but I'm also a bit tempted to go for a 197 and leave a bit of cash in reserve to do some mods....

197's look better, but I'd rather go for a newer car purely for knowing its history and warranty.... I've used the 6 months warranty quite a bit getting little niggly things sorted (Glovebox warped, rusty wheel nuts, squeaky seat belts and clunking automatic wing mirrors!) - all things that I could have fixed myself but why should I!!

Make sure your happy with your colour choice - I kinda wish I had a green or yellow one! And with saving money for mods - there isn't really much you can do unless you want to spend thousands - its all little things (apart from exhaust!)

Welcome and enjoy!

Thanks for the welcome guys. I think I may go for a 200 then just find the cash later on if I choose to modify it a bit later...

I doubt I'd do much though; I think spending the money on petrol would result in more driving fun!

Welcome future holder of the best looking Clio out there

197 all the way my son:cloud9:

I'm not far away in West Sussex (nr Bognor Regis).

Good luck on the hunt for a 200...you will not be disappointed!

Welcome!!! Have fun hunting, you've made the right choice, almost, it's a 197 you want, but then I'm biased. :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Danvdb1 Clio General Chat 4
Yeorge Spotted 3
lewishunter98 Spotted 0
Toomer Spotted 0
Sport200 Spotted 0