Hi all, new 197 owner from Kent.

Hi folks,

just thought I'd say hi. Just bought my first 197, a Nimbus Grey 2007 model. Pretty basic, no Recaro or climate unfortunately, but still very impressed with it. Disliked the vague steering, but now used to it. i miss the raw feeling of the 172's, but like the more civillised drive and the gearbox is so much nicer to use.

Came in p/x at work and couldnt turn it down. This is my 4th RenaultSport car, having owned 2 ph1 172's (currently breaking 1) and a Williams 2.

Had to grow up as we have 2 young children so bought an A3 1.8t. Put up with it for about 6 months before falling into a coma and realising we can't do without a fun car.

Needs a few small bits sorting, most importantly front springs and rear tyres as they're out of shape. If anyone has a set please pm me, as even at trade Renault want £160, and I'd like to upgrade but undecided with what.

Here's how she sits at the moment, unsure if the pic will show as never added images via iPhone.

Cheers all, Chris.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 37
Welcome mate I've got some cup springs if you wanna buy them pal £100 collected or can bring them to the meet on Sunday.

Welcome fellow nimbi owner :wink: Theres nothing BASIC about any 197.Sure you'll find that out :wink:

Thanks all. Cheers buddyboy, I'll let you know. Nutnutwelshman, do you have a link? I can't see them. I can still view for sale threads, just can't make one yet. I'm joing today though.

Cheers all. I'd love to make the run on Sunday, but already have plans. I've not seen many about Ashford, or Kent for that matter. Only a blue 197 near to me. Even spending 3 days in London I only saw 1!

Similar Thread Suggestions