Hi advice greatfully received

I'm from a VW background too and (I hope I'm not tempting fate here!) I've had no problems at all with my 197 and confidently say it's the best car to drive I've owned.

When I put my deposit down all my mates thought I was bonkers - and I got the usual jibes about it being French, it'll be nothing but trouble etc., but now that they've been in it they are all impressed. Also at work there were people who only used to say "hello", but when I got the 197 were saying what a nice looking car it is.

You can be unlucky and drop on a troublesome example of any car so I'd take a chance and get one bought! :thumbup:

....had a Lupo GTi for a while. Fantastic build and quality....my Astra GSi was a bit chav for me but the build quality was also very good.....had a 182 Trophy and now a 197 cup.....the building quality is very good in terms of suspension etc, but in terms of the finish and detailing the Clio's are a bit dissapointing......but the plus points far outweigh the negatives on these cars.....basically, I will always have a Clio RS as I've never been convninced that you can get anything better for less than 20k....its getting towards 30k before the handling and performance is matched.....read the write ups....the cups have consitently competed with the likes of Porsche in the track tests! Get a 197/200 with a cup chassis and you won't regret it....its driving heaven!

Similar Thread Suggestions