Hey!

hi guys, so I pick my 197 up this Friday looking forward to it going back to a small car from a mk2 rs focus .

Car is blue with a milltek cat back and bilstein b14 coilovers and semi slick tyres.

Thanks again.

Lee

Will be my daily but should be good. Need some into on how to get my phone playing through the speakers though

Welcome along! Get some piccies up when you pick her up :smiley:

Will be my daily but should be good. Need some into on how to get my phone playing through the speakers though

To play music from your phone on a standard stereo, you need a left and right audio to 3.5mm Jack cable. This plugs into the car under the stereo (near the cup holders) and then straight into your phone and then switch the stereo to AUX mode.

This is how it works in my car anyway!

Last edited:
Welcome. Be interested to hear your comparison between 197 and RS Focus, don't mean to upset any of the Clio owners but surely this is a step down?

Welcome & enjoy the car. This is the best forum on the internet mate, friendly, good advice & great craic.

Yeah never thought I would buy a French car ever! Is that same , 197/200 with regards to stereo ?

Well I had a fiesta st mk6 , a fiesta st mk7 stage 3 (272hp) and mk2 rs (344hp)

I get the Clio Friday and will let you guys know and add pics. I used to be all over forums when I was really into my fiestas and a few thousand posts so hope to become active and learn here. I didn't expect there to be so many replies as I thought it wasn't a big forum(coming from fiestastoc and focusrsoc which are very very busy) .

First impressions in the 25 minute country lane blast test drive is the car handles amazingly and I'm so glad to be back in a small car . The focus is just such a brute. However the Clio did feel slow on the right pedal,mbut that's to be expected.

Oh and it's the most common reason for selling a 20k car and buying what you can without finance (house purchase hopefully next year)
Lee

Reactions: Jimmy
Welcome!
You'd be surprised how many people go between the 197/200 and the FRS. I currently have both.
So totally different to drive. If I want an B road blast to take out frustration and get the adrenaline pumping, then I would take the Clio. The FRS gets used for shopping trips and not much else. Great for posing in, a lot of people notice you when you're driving a bright green snot coloured car through town) but I have zero confidence in it for fast "private" road driving. It's like a boat compared to the Clio. Feels too big, too heavy (although I think the Clio is wider but 200kgs less) and the torque steer is ridiculous. Boot it, hang on and just see where you end up.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Welcome!
You'd be surprised how many people go between the 197/200 and the FRS. I currently have both.
So totally different to drive. If I want an B road blast to take out frustration and get the adrenaline pumping, then I would take the Clio. The FRS gets used for shopping trips and not much else. Great for posing in, a lot of people notice you when you're driving a bright green snot coloured car through town) but I have zero confidence in it for fast "private" road driving. It's like a boat compared to the Clio. Feels too big, too heavy (although I think the Clio is wider but 200kgs less) and the torque steer is ridiculous. Boot it, hang on and just see where you end up.
Nice to have both!

Assuming yours are both standard what car would do the quickest lap time in your opinion?

Nice to have both!

Assuming yours are both standard what car would do the quickest lap time in your opinion?

You'd think the FRS due to power to weight ratio, but handling wise, personally, I think they suck. If it was me driving, then I'd get a better time in the Clio just because I know it can be pushed. If there was a more confident driver in the FRS then who knows. But, what ever you make up in corners, its likely the Focus would catch up on the straights. I know its not a definite answer but its the best I have lol

The FRS is a mountune 350 with a Section 18 exhaust. More power isn't exactly a plus in this circumstance as it can't put it down anyway.
Clio "was" standard.

Reactions: Big Ben
It reminds me of that old Autocar (I think) video that had an FRS and 200 going round a track - the Focus was gone on the straights, but the 200 was on its tail in the bends. The 200 driver was very impressed.

Reactions: RossWoods93

Similar Thread Suggestions