hesitation

Hi all as I'm a relatively new owner of a 197 I need to ask is a characteristic if this car to hesitate on acceleration? I did have a knock sensor problem but have took connector off and sprayed with wd40 as I read on here to do that but not sure if it's cured it? Could that be my problem ie the knock sensor being faulty or is there anywhere else to start looking.

Please use the search there are many threads on this.

in short its a known issue when cold of which there is a user fix for the flat spot that often helps. Renault did do a ecu fix to help cure the kangaroo, hesitation but it was still an issue.

you need to be a paid member to access the thread but may people have found the following thread to have help with the issue http://www.clio197.net/forum/showth...or-the-dreaded-FLAT-SPOT&highlight=hesitation

although its not guaranteed.

They are lumpy when cold.

Id suggest being a member as there are loads of cracking threads like the link above for small fixes.

Hi yes I know they are like your running on kangaroo juice when there cold but it also seems to hesitate when warmed up its similar to turbo lag. I'm thinking about joining but also thinking of selling her because of the problems.

the car is well known for its flatspot, mine is far better for doing the fix, not perfect still tho. Only way to eliminate it is to have a remap.

What fuel do you run ? I run mine on shell Nitro+ and it seems to behave much better; especially when cold in winter. Powerflex engine mounts also help to put the power through the drivetrain by limiting engine movement but you have to put up with a bit more noise and vibration. Joining is well worth a fiver, the how too section has helped me with loads of maintenance bits.

I have joined as a member now :smile: I'm not sure what fuel is in it as only brought it on Sunday, going to put a tank of vpower and take it for a run and see how it goes

Good stuff, it might take a few tank full's through it to notice any difference. There's also a thread in the 'how to' section about the MAP sensor as well which may be worth looking at.

Mine still runs like ****. Full tank of vpower, inlet manifold sensor seals sealed and refitted. Still got a missfire in 2nd gear at 2.5k