Help, Recaro swap, (yes I have searched)

this one! demolition man

[video=youtube;RnyhkBU1yaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnyhkBU1yaw[/video]

HAHAHA! Think I have seen that film but would have been a while ago, cant really remember it now.

Need to fit the clio with some sort of device you can load bubble bath into, when you press a button it foams out all the vents. Was going to say, get the missus in the car by offering to drop her and her friends off for a meal out then activate it, but is probably a bad idea and will cause WW3.....

Thank you to my Renault dealer, after a little persuasion and after they said it could not be done, they have re calibrated the airbags to my new Recaros so airbag light is now out. I did have to sign a disclaimer though, health and safety.

So to some up to all those that are thinking of fitting Recaros to a non Recaro car, it is just a straight bolt out, bolt in, visit to dealer to change the cal and your away.

Thank you to my Renault dealer, after a little persuasion and after they said it could not be done, they have re calibrated the airbags to my new Recaros so airbag light is now out. I did have to sign a disclaimer though, health and safety.

So to some up to all those that are thinking of fitting Recaros to a non Recaro car, it is just a straight bolt out, bolt in, visit to dealer to change the cal and your away.
Yep it's easy as that ha!

One thing that is a worry is that the tech that did the job told me that because I have the wheel right out and sit quite close to it (I feel more in control sitting like this) that I could get badly burned if the airbag was to be deployed. The extra 2 wires on the standard seats have a switch on that tells the car you are sitting close to the wheel and the airbag deploys with less force when this micro switch is activated. It is correct as I have checked the seats and there is a micro switch and a ramp on the runner that pushes the switch in when you have the seat in a more forward position. Does this mean Clios that came with Recaros as standard will be the same, or is the steering wheel airbag deployed just the same full wack where ever you are sitting?

Now thinking of putting the micro switches in cable tied closed and soldered to the 2 wires they should go to, and getting the CAL put back to standard seats..............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now i know that the dealership havent got a clue, the only difference between the seats are the extra air bag, both seats type of seats should have that switch.

Ah my drivers seat does not have the micro switch fitted and the 2 blue wires are cut. I have robbed the switch of the standard seat and will try fitting that and solder the wires that have been cut off the original to the new. See what happens.......,

I had my service done Saturday and they were unable to turn the airbag light off. Well they could turn it off but it would just come back on again - did you have this?

turning the light off is different to reconfiguring the system, was this at renault?

turning the light off is different to reconfiguring the system, was this at renault?

Yeah, went in sat for the service and the owner (a family friend) said he will get his guys to turn the airbag light off. After he said they managed to but it them comes back on so he will speak with his technical manager guy today and see what he says then give me a call and let me know.

Perhaps its not as simple for the dealers to just turn off?

Yeah, went in sat for the service and the owner (a family friend) said he will get his guys to turn the airbag light off. After he said they managed to but it them comes back on so he will speak with his technical manager guy today and see what he says then give me a call and let me know.

Perhaps its not as simple for the dealers to just turn off?
Thats odd it coming back on,I was in the dealers for 15min max to turn it off and never come back on.Be something daft i bet!!

i bet there clearing the fault and not actually telling the ecu its different set up

hmmm. i have no idea

Ill see what i says when he rngs today after speak to his technical manager guy thingy

Be nice to have it finally turned off. Would like to avoid the whole resistor way of doing it if i can

Renault have got back to me and said about reprogramming the car, will take a couple of hours and cost about £90 but cant guarantee that the airbag warning light will stay off

Anyone else managed to get renault to do it ok?

Im now thinking, for about £200 can Ktec just do a remap, solve the slight flat spot and also turn the warning light off....

i bet there clearing the fault and not actually telling the ecu its different set up

airbag system is part of a multi-plex system and will need to be reconfigured - if it cannot "see/communicate" with the item it will put the light on...

tried it with my Renault specific obd2 system and it wont kill the warning light!

Hence they need to reconfigure the ecu and not just clear the light/fault

so if the need to reconfigure it might just be worth giving ktec a call and seeing if they can switch it off when doing a remap to iron out the flat spot?