Help needed.

Rick

Gold Member
I have a noise that seems to have developed overnight. Thought it might have been heat shield but no luck. It is a very specific noise though. It only occurs once the car is warm after about 10 mins of driving flthen only occurs when I hit 2000-2500 rpm after that it goes off a little. It's a sort of raspy rattle if that makes any sense.

Any ideas?

Thanks Rick

I had the same thing - turned out the flexis in the manifold were gone. You have 2 options; buy aftermarket (k-tec (£600) or toyosport (£185 delivered on ebay)) or have the standard manifold removed, new flexis welded in and refitted. If you choose the former, you'll need to fit the powerflex lower bush to stop the manifold hitting the subframe. Choose the latter and the flexis you're looking for are these - Bosal 265-567 http://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/bosal-1337300.html

Last edited:
It's no different from any other exhaust part wearing so I'd imagine so. No harm asking. If not, don't expect much change from £4-500 though.

Yeah I drove with mine rattling for a good few months as I just assumed it was a heat shield and couldn't be arsed looking at it. Then one day the flexi gave up and it sounded like a tractor.

Yeah I'm still assessing options I've been under the car and nothing seemed loose heat shield/exhaust wise but I couldn't replicate noise at the time.