help needed...

There are two, a precat by the manifold and a secondary in the centre section of the exhaust. A catback exhaust system will only remove the secondary cat i think should you use a decat pipe.

Yeah its a bit confusing tbh. Its a bit hit and miss whether it will pass the MOT with just the second cat removed.

The system that you posted by the looks of it will only remove the centre silencer as its a non res system.

Yeah its a bit confusing tbh. Its a bit hit and miss whether it will pass the MOT with just the second cat removed.

The system that you posted by the looks of it will only remove the centre silencer as its a non res system.

thanks sort of understanding now i just thought that the second cat was part of the silencer bit and didnt come off

You have an exhaust manifold and at the end of the is the pre cat, the only way to remove that is a new manifold or a y pipe, most people generally leave that in.

Then you have a normal cat, then a centre silencer, then a large rear silencer (the huge one under the diffuser)

That system you linked too will remove the main cat and centre silencer, you will get a large flatspot with that most likely and need a remap, and it will be very loud and quite droney on motorway.

I spent a large amount of time researching it also :tongueout:

You have an exhaust manifold and at the end of the is the pre cat, the only way to remove that is a new manifold or a y pipe, most people generally leave that in.

Then you have a normal cat, then a centre silencer, then a large rear silencer (the huge one under the diffuser)

That system you linked too will remove the main cat and centre silencer, you will get a large flatspot with that most likely and need a remap, and it will be very loud and quite droney on motorway.

I spent a large amount of time researching it also :tongueout:

thanks chris...

so this one will take the second cat out and remove the silencer and smaller box box as thats what im after

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLIO-200-...o|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&hash=item4d07649df8

You should check out the site traders before buying off ebay. They are cheaper in a lot of cases and more helpful :thumbsup:

im buying mine off glenn aka springs and things

getting it a bit cheaper..

is yours the same system chris?

I have the skorpion, but resonated and i didnt decat it.

I must wanted some extra noise with no extra hassle, ie remap/emissions

Sounds awesome, im sure yours will sound even better :smile: