Help needed smash my iPhone 5 screen :@

Only gone and don't it haven't I! Yes I should of had the case on but It sort of defeats the point have having the 5 don't you think. What I would like to know is what's the best way to go about getting it fixed?. Will the apple store replace the phone for a one off fee? (pretty sure they done this with the 4). Or do I get some insurance leave it a while and then claim? Do market stalls or the little independent phone repair shops even have replacement screens available for the iPhone 5 yet ?

Small stores would do it but it would invalidate your warranty, call apple I'm sure they replace it when you hand in your old one and a fee

I'm sure that you could hand your phone back + £100 ish and they give you a new/refurbed one. If not, I was once in apple when a women brought her iphone back with a smashed screen. They came to an agreement on price for it doing. Just go in your nearest apple store and see. Or ring them up! Good luck!

The new iPhone 5's screens are easier to replace than the 4's, so i *believe* they can now replace them in-store. The screens come away from the phone, and the "phone" is in the back, whereas it was the other way around in the 4.

iPhone-5-Opened-Screen.jpg

piece of piss, there are 2 ways depending on how much you have smashed it.

1. Full screen and replacement
remove sim tray, 2 screws on bottom and spit it from the body. Then 3 screws hold the plate top right and then release the 3 cables (prox, lcd & digitizer). reverse with new full screen, 10 mins max.

2. is if you get a screen without home button, proxy, cam, ear speaker, back plate etc.

same as above + you have to remove all the bits that it doesn't come with it. it will take about 20-30 mins to do.

not cheap though, i'm guessing £150-£200

I think il just take it to apple at the weekend when I'm off. If no joy there ill just have to swallow the money for a new screen! Seems easier enough though, thanks for the "how to" mentalpen.

I'm sure there will be a video on YouTube or the like. Far easier than the old 3s but far more expensive.

On the 3s you could change the digitiser which I'm not sure you can on the 5?

The one I changed was fully smashed so I didn't look into it.

Post a pic of your phone?

I think il just take it to apple at the weekend when I'm off. If no joy there ill just have to swallow the money for a new screen! Seems easier enough though, thanks for the "how to" mentalpen.

Apple will replace the phone for a cost, I think it was £149 when I had mine done, or something. They just won't obviously do it for free like they would if a button had snapped off or something.