Help Needed: Parrot Mki9200 !!

Hi, I will hopefully be purchasing the mki9200 system in the next few days but I need some questions answered which I cant seem to find the answers to anywhere.

1. If I install this system into my clio 200, will the steering wheel controls work with it? By steering controls I mean everything as normal like vol up/down, pause/mute, next/previous track?

2. Will the display(screen where temp is displayed) still show the standard car stereo info, such as track name & radio channel info?

Hopefully someone on here with one of these installed can answer :smile:

Thanks in advance,
Rob

The MKi9200 has its own screen independent of the cars screen which doesn't interfere with the standard display. I went for the MKi9100 which is the same bar the screen as the one on the 9200 has a very poor resolution, doesn't look good and its also very big. Just my opinions though. Also your steering column controls will work, but only with the radio, CD player and radio aux and not with any of the Parrot kit features as the Parrot kit has its own amp built in and its own volume control.

This is my install of the MKi9100, you can see I mounted the controls for it on the steering column:

IMAG0061.jpg

I also had to make a small bracket for the screen as it wouldn't stick to the dash.

I'd think long and hard about the MKi9200 as the screen really isn't up to much with the MKi9100 screen showing the exact same info but looking better and on a more compact screen. Also it really is a bit big for the Clio dash as there isn't really anywhere to mount it.

For your install you'll need to remove the glovebox to allow you room to mount the control unit/amp for the Parrot kit. There is the perfect spot along the right side where it fits perfectly and can be held in with a couple of large cable ties.

Last edited:
I just use the controls I got with it. Never had an issue and its very easy. No need to spend extra money in my book. Plus if you mount the controls where I did they barely noticeable in the car.

I just use the controls I got with it. Never had an issue and its very easy. No need to spend extra money in my book. Plus if you mount the controls where I did they barely noticeable in the car.

Ah I see where you have mounted them now lol, yes that does look pretty good & is basically the same place as my old fiest st controls.

I think your right, I'll save the money & just mount the controller where you have.

Thanks for your help buddy.

No worries, that's why we're all on here. Just be sure to mount your controller as low on that side as you can, I didn't first time and caught it a few times going for the indicator.

Get the 9200, its brilliant! There is absolutely no problem with the screen display. I mounted mine on the centre console at the back of the double cup holder right below the panel with the door lock and start button. This keeps it out of view from any potential opportunists but easily in view down the side of your clutch leg. It bonds easily via the supplied bracket to the vertical panel below the centre console and the wiring feeds through the horizontal gap behind the double cup holder.

The 9200 is brilliant for playing your bluetooth music, the track information is clearly displayed along with album cover artwork.

You honestly wont be disappointed.

The 9200 is brilliant for playing your bluetooth music, the track information is clearly displayed along with album cover artwork.

The 9100 shows the exact same info just without the album artwork. I was disappointed with the screen, my mate has it in his golf so I've seen it loads of times and the resolution just isn't there. But as I stated above that just my opinion.

Bar the screen the MKi9100 and MKi9200 are the same kit and do exactly the same things.

No worries, that's why we're all on here. Just be sure to mount your controller as low on that side as you can, I didn't first time and caught it a few times going for the indicator.

Get the 9200, its brilliant! There is absolutely no problem with the screen display. I mounted mine on the centre console at the back of the double cup holder right below the panel with the door lock and start button. This keeps it out of view from any potential opportunists but easily in view down the side of your clutch leg. It bonds easily via the supplied bracket to the vertical panel below the centre console and the wiring feeds through the horizontal gap behind the double cup holder.

You honestly wont be disappointed.

Thanks again for your help & opinions lads.

Why don't you just buy the 200 Bluetooth head unit? Oem ftw

Iirc it just takes a Renault CLIPto get it to work

James1470 on here fitted one with an RS monitor to his 200

I cant fault the mki9200 and works seamless with my android phone for calls and iPod nano for music.
Music does work on the android via Bluetooth but you do not get any song information, however connecting an iPhone (up to a 4s, not sure about iphone 5) works perfectly with Bluetooth and the iPod connection which also charges the phone/ipod.

I have found that the battery life on the controls was very poor until i changed it out for a Duracell battery, which is the same battery as the key less entry so I just keep a few in my glove box :wink:

Hope this helps

I have to disagree with Paddy_R here, I have the 9200 fitted and think it is a great piece of kit in general, the screen is absolutely spot on, a nice size for scanning through music and phone book etc and I have no issue with the resolution at all.

As for the controls, the parrot is controlled by the small remove device shown mounted in Paddy's picture, this includes controlling the music from the parrot whether that is from an ipod, usb or via your phone.

The car stereo/radio etc remains controlled as it was before the parrot was installed, everything remains the same in that sense.

Hope this helps, I can post a picture of my install later if you like.

Why don't you just buy the 200 Bluetooth head unit? Oem ftw

Iirc it just takes a Renault CLIPto get it to work

James1470 on here fitted one with an RS monitor to his 200

Ive tried to find the bluetooth oem stereo everywhere, they just cant be bought mate.

I have to disagree with Paddy_R here, I have the 9200 fitted and think it is a great piece of kit in general, the screen is absolutely spot on, a nice size for scanning through music and phone book etc and I have no issue with the resolution at all.

As for the controls, the parrot is controlled by the small remove device shown mounted in Paddy's picture, this includes controlling the music from the parrot whether that is from an ipod, usb or via your phone.

The car stereo/radio etc remains controlled as it was before the parrot was installed, everything remains the same in that sense.

Hope this helps, I can post a picture of my install later if you like.

Thanks for that info mate, its always good to hear two sides of a story :smile:

I went & reserved the 200 from halfrauds yesterday(picking it up today), I just want the bigger screen as it allows for different backgrounds & coloured themes as well the album art from usb.

To be honest, I didn't want to make a mess of clips and leave marks and generally make a poor job of it so I gave some guy £20 to do it and he called at my house and worked away, great job too :smile: