help needed.. brake lines

guys,

there is two clips on each brake line holding it on to a bracket. How do I get these out to put the new line through this bracket? If I dont use this bracket theres a chance the lines will foul on the wheels... pics to come..

thanks,
adam.

You're right that they will foul, I found mine had been for a while (thought it was a CV joint gone!).

Ended up refitting using the supplied c-clip like seen below:

301937_254371111273275_100001011642261_694784_17615224_n.jpg

Ignore the insulation tape it'd worn through to the braid and I'm going to have to get them replaced at some point. They no longer foul on full lock as they were, it seems the only issue is full lock in whichever direction causes the rear of the rim to be closest to the shock. So full left lock for the left would foul on the left and visa versa as there is just so little clearance behind the shock for the line.

I suppose in reality you could feed the line in front of the shock as there's loads of free space there but I couldnt even try that as I'd have to remove the line.

I'd recommend anyone with braided lines check how they're fitted as it seems HEL at least give no fitting instructions and can foul if fitted with the line clamped onto the hub in a direction parallel to the car front to back.

Last edited: