Help me with my clio 197 turbo build?!

Basically a friend of mine has a 225 megane sport. He put money into forging the top end and now the bottom end is knocking. He's told me i can have whatever i need to meg mine at a good price.

Will the top end fit the bottom end of my 197 seen as they are simular engines? What do i actually need for the conversion and how much roughly will it cost me?

Cheers for any advice. I just want to know what else i'll need other than the ovbious (engine, turbo, gearbox etc)

Sorry mate hes just said pistons and conrods which is bottom end if im right? All i know is bottom end is knocking and there could be a chance i could use my engine to fix it?

Sorry mate hes just said pistons and conrods which is bottom end if im right? All i know is bottom end is knocking and there could be a chance i could use my engine to fix it?

Well if the pistons and conrods are forged you will have to dissasemble most of the engine to get them out, you might as well just rebuild the engine and find out the fault and any damaged caused and fix it, then put it in your car. I suspect he hasnt checked the lateral movement in the conrod or hasnt tightened the conrod down enough.

Well if the pistons and conrods are forged you will have to dissasemble most of the engine to get them out, you might as well just rebuild the engine and find out the fault and any damaged caused and fix it, then put it in your car. I suspect he hasnt checked the lateral movement in the conrod or hasnt tightened the conrod down enough.
Fair point. I'll have to look into it, i would have never taken megging my car seriously until now that ive practically got it all there ready

Yeah good opportunity, if not I'll have the pistons and conrods off him :lol: I'm building a forged megane engine too.

Might be worth considering a better turbo also, as there is little point in forging it then. Most people use hybrid turbos I've found

I'll let you know if i pussy put of the build then haha. Intercooler, piping and clutch off the meg? So basically what will i need for fitting? Modified engine mounts etc?

No get an uprated intercooler for higher boost. And the clio clutch is not going to last long with 300 + power and torque going through it. The mounts are pretty much the same if you use a clio box. You can use the clio cam belt housing on the meg so the upper engine mount the same (I'm unsure on this, I read it somewhere on here the other day)

Im looking at 300 max, i don't want too much power. 300 seems safe enough :smile: i basically want it megged as cheap as i can based on what o already have between both cars. Then once its up and running i can upgrade bits that need doing? I'll deffo uprate the clutch though

Yeah that's sounds like a plan, with a forged engine you have plenty of head room for future power mods. Yes clutch is a must I would say, and arp bolts wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I'm sure the guys who have megged there clios will comment later. They will know best, as I'm only in the process of megging mine.