Help! Car wont lock

Got home tonight and tried to lock the car but it wouldnt lock.

The problem is that it thinks the boot is still open (shows on the dashboard) so when you lock it it unlocks straight away. However the boot wont open, i hear it trying to open when i press the boot button when it stays shut

So i've had to manually lock the doors by inserting the emergency key into the catch on both front doors and closing them.

Is there anyway to open the boot? what could be wrong? guessing its a job for the dealer?

Any help is welcome!

There any way to open the boot from the inside? read somewhere about a little white switch but not sure where this is?

Thats not sounding good, when it displays 'boot open' it wont let you start the engine so you can't drive it to the dealers.
Sounds like something gone wrong on the switch, it thinks its opened the boot when its not.
Have a go at pushing the boot down. failing that you will have to take the plastic cover off the inside of the boot and try and open it.

wont let me start it? oh bugger!

Heard there is a white switch in the boot somewhere that manually opens it?

if there is i have never found it!!

failing that its a climb in the rear and take the trim off and manualy override the lock

Thats right, every time i go shopping with the other half i have to sit and wait while she puts the shopping in the boot before i can start it up!!

As for the white switch i know what your talking about but im not sure if they have one on clios. (I think some Fords have them, not sure on Renaults)

car will start with boot open. It just makes you insert the key card.
I've not tried to drive it with the boot open but I know mine does start up with the keycard inserted into the slot.

from what renault just told me there is a little hole near the boot lock which you need to stick a pen or screwdriver in to manually release the boot from the inside. (he said he'd send me a diagram or photo)

He said it should start with the boot open, but doesnt it make a beeping noise? hope it stops after a minute or so or that could get annoying driving it to the garage.

Managed to open it from the inside by pressing the white switch and it seems to be ok now. Opens and closes fine

Phew!