Help/advice needed please!

Right basically I rang my insurance up to confirm that I would like to go ahead with the renewal quote I had recieved through the post. So she asked various questions. One of which was 'has any of the policy holders recieved and convictions, driving offences within the last 5 years' I replied 'no, no more than what's already on there'. She then replied 'oh, there is nothing on the system' so blah blah after telling her i have 3 points, she came to the conclusion that I have to pay another £350 for this year. And also have to pay the extra for last years. Now I have looked on my policy details and it doesn't say I have 3 points but I am 100% I told them on the phone. So she then said right I'll put all payments on hold and listen to all the calls and get back to you tomorrow!

Basically if I have said it on the phone, do I have to pay the £350?
An if I haven't said it, I'll pay the £350 for this year but I'm unhappy having to pay for last year

Can someone please tell me where I stand as my parents are away and I haven't had time to fully speak to them. And been only 19, I'm a little in experienced when it comes to things like this!

Thanks, Danny

Surely if they try to make you pay for last year, you'll just tell them you'll be off and you won't new renewing with them this year.

Unfortunately, you don't really have a leg to stand on as such though. It's your job to check the documents that come through, even if you are 100% sure you told them.

You'll have to read the fine print in your policy to see if they can back date a payment though. Personally, i'd just cancel the direct debit and go to a new insurer. Then last years policy is null and void anyway.

Hi, I have thought about this but the thing is, my quote was originally £1300 + £350 what they want extra. And the best quote I can find now is £3123! So it might cost me abit extra, but it's still cheaper. As for the extra money they want for last year, I have spoken to my mate and he said they can't charge you for something that's already done, it's like going into a shop and buying something on offer, then a week later, them ringing you back saying they want you to pay full price. Anyway thanks for the help, there ringing me back tomorrow!

They can't make you pay for last year they gave you a price Final as for this year just shop round phone up not go on comparison sites they are not always the best

Have you tried Sky insurance and Greenlight on here? Sky was my best quote by a country mile.