Hellooo!

Hi,

My name's Damian. Friends call me Damo. I am registered on many websites/forums, but don't use them a lot now. From January 2006 until September 2011, I own/ran the French Sports Club. I couldn't dedicate anymore time to FSC, hence deciding to close it down last year.

Up until Saturday, I used to own a Ph2 172...

198708_10150257192846957_672861956_7990333_7069574_n.gif

Since buying the car five years ago for approx. £5k, it has done its fair share of track days (e.g. Castle Combe, Mallory Park, Rockingham and Nurburgring). PPC at Mallory Park took place on 19th May and during my AM session (about 5 laps in), the car went bang. After having a few people look at it, it appeared the clutch, gearbox, flywheel and starter motor all went. There were bits everywhere :worried: The clutch and gearbox were re-con'd at Rentech in April last year and I have been quoted approx. £2.5k to have it put back on the road.

Anyway, since the car breaking and then being told the cost to put it back on the road, I've decided on buying another/new car. I was looking at going sensible (i.e. A3 TDi/Mk5 Gold TDi). The Audi's looked kind of dated and the Golf's were still around the £7.5k mark. I don't really want to spend that much just yet. So I've been looking at an alternative and however much I've tried to stay away, I've come across a nice red 197, which I'm going to view on Saturday.

So that's about it for now. If the new/replacement car is a 197, I'll wack up some photos and maybe start a progress blog, but it wont be that interesting as I don't intend to do much with it. Any other car, I'll leave you all in peace :smiley:

Thanks,

Damo

Nooo!!!!!!!!!

Do not trust this man hes EVIL !!!!!!!!

Oh by the way Hello Damo. Hope all is well and guess the email i got from you yesterday is going to happen?

Lots of love your friendly parts advisor
Karl Robertson

Nooo!!!!!!!!!

Do not trust this man hes EVIL !!!!!!!!

Oh by the way Hello Damo. Hope all is well and guess the email i got from you yesterday is going to happen?

Lots of love your friendly parts advisor
Karl Robertson

Eejit :tongueout: Maybe... will see on Saturday :smile:

Thanks people :smile:

Welcome aboard Damo!!! :smile:

I hope you make the right choice and end up in a 197. :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Clio General Chat 21
Alex88 New Members 23
M New Members 8
J New Members 17