Hello :)

Hi all,

I have just found this forum as I am thinking about picking up a 197 so I thought I would pop in and say hello!

I am relocating from Dundee down to Birmingham so I have just sold my Lotus Elise to put a bit of money in the bank. However, I can't not have a car so I went on Friday and test drove a couple of 197's near me.

I have to say I was really, really, really impressed. They have a great look, (nicer than the 200, in my eyes, no offence meant btw!) nice and muscular and the handing and damping seemed spot on. The steering was a little vague but I think thats only because I'm used to an Elise's steering. The engine is a good un as well, it really gets into its stride above 5K revs it seems (although I guess you already know that!)

I'm going to make the dealer an offer and hope he bites, so fingers crossed I'll have a new (to me) 197 in the garage ready for weekends and track days.

Oh one last thing, I used to have a Phase 2 Clio V6 and I have to say, the 197 is far superior in every way :wink:

All the best,

A tall handsome man.

Welcome... from a newcomer myself! I'm new to the site and new to the 197 too, but enjoying both immensly!

Good luck with the bargaining.

Let us know how you get on and post some pics too. All part of the fun and helps us newbies pick up tips too!

Welcome! I too was surprised with the 197. Ive owned mine for a week now and cant get enough of it!

:welcome:mate
:welcome:welcome to brum as well were about you moving to

Thanks for the welcomes :smile:

The car is pretty standard other than the fact it has an aftermarket exhaust. Now normally i wouldn't mind this but as i'll be travelling up from Birmingham to Dundee it really would be too much to cope with on the motorway slogs.

The car in question is in Fife, Scotland and has the Reg: TN07 TBZ, so two questions:

1). Does anybody know this car?
2.) How easy and at what cost would it be to swap the aftermarket back to a standard unit?

Other than that the car seemed pretty good, the tyres looked a little on the low side for tread but nothing that I cant haggle around :smile:

Thanks for any and all responses!

Welcome to the site. When you get to your new home in Brum, get your name down on the list in the West Midlands region on the forum and you could also come to one of the meets I have planned.

keep the exhaust on lol. if ure in the market for a standard. ill sell u mine for £50

Well, I decided against the one with the aftermarket, I just didn't get a great feeling from the dealer.

I then went to look at an Ultra red one which was great and I was about to make an offer, but then the guy told me another salesman had sold it that morning!

So, undetered I went this afternoon to look at a black one which just came up. 30K miles, mint condition, did a deal and will pick it up next Tuesday :smile:

Looking forward to the drive home and pleased to have a black one too!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9