Hello........! :)

r&skxa

Gold Member
I've been looking over the site for a few days as I've kind of ended up with a Renault. Couldn't wait to post as I'm impatient :smile:

We bought a brand new Ibiza a couple of years ago, its only a 1.4 SC and after buying a house and settling down with money a little, we decided that we wanted something a bit faster.

We had a play in a GT86, which was nice but just didn't do it for us. Were thinking Ford Focus ST but not the latest model, couple of my friends have these, and have come to the conclusion the engine will way out live the rest of the car. Bits fall off and there is bumps and squeaks from the rest of the car so decided against it. So took the Ibiza back to our local Seat dealer and the salesman, who is a family friend (and he really wanted our Ibiza back as we've only done 8000 miles in 2 years) who let us take a 1.2 TFSI Ibiza out for a test drive and that was loads of fun, great fun little car! Loads of poke but I think the facelifted Ibiza us uglier than the pre facelifted one.

Anyway, he had a part ex'ed 09 plate RS200 (at least I think thats what its referred as, you lot have to get me up on the lingo) on the forecourt. 23k miles, one older gentleman owner who had bought a Cupra R Leon, Silver, not a single mark on it, so thought, well we'll try that. So we took it for a test drive. I've owned RS Turbo's, Impreza's, the usual stuff. I didn't know anything about the Renault but twin exhaust and Brembo's usually mean its going to be a fun drive and oh my God!! Took it for a spirited drive and its been the only car to actually make me laugh after I've booted it. What an insane little car! Loved it! Also all the little toys it have, like the keyless entry and push button start won me over. So checked insurance as the other half is only 21 (I'm 28 so not fussed about insurance) and its not too bad, £700 ish. So deal was done and pick it up in 3 hours and 4 minutes :smile: Yay!!

Apparently it has the cup chassis but it doesnt have the racing seats, just the normal Recaro's but I can deal with that. I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

Welcome!!!

Nice littlre write up, you'll fit in well here!!! :thumbup:

Get some photos taken once you've ran it out of petrol!!! :smiley:

This is the one we got rid of today, but if anyone here ever gets asked about Seat Ibiza's, they are fantastic cars and in 2 years nothing wemt wrong, nothing, not a squeak, squeal rattle or bump.

DSCF4554.jpg
DSCF4556.jpg

and this is the one we picked up in its place. They're alright the old Clios aren't they :smile:

IMAG0760.jpg
IMAG0761.jpg
IMAG0762.jpg
IMAG0763.jpg
IMAG0764.jpg

Welcome to the club

Roy asked have you got any more pics of the missus.....

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9