Hello Projectors

Well after searching ebay, I found a pair of new guenune reneault projectors. One for 50delivered and the other 99.99 delivered.

So I thought screw it lets buy them.

This is how it looked before

IMG_9944.jpg

Off to my mates garage to get it up on the ramp

2013-01-22104852.jpg

Turns out there are two type of Renault projectors. One for non HID/Ballast and one for normal H7 bulbs. I'd managed to buy two which were different. So had to ordered another one from euro car parts loosing my epic savings.

For a day I drove around like this :/

2013-01-22134148.jpg

Back to the garage the next day

2013-01-23124041.jpg

and on went the other one

2013-01-23133956.jpg

After a clean yesterday, my 197 now looks like this

2013-01-24134202.jpg
2013-01-24134214.jpg
2013-01-24134306.jpg

I also fitted LED 501 Bulbs. Quite a difference in light output

2013-01-22191748.jpg

Next up is a the RS front lip

Thanks for telling me how much you paid for the one you tried to sell me haha

Looking good tho!

Haha well I had to pay 140 for the new one from ECP so have to try and get so money back, was worth a try, still a good price imo.

Got a receipt for 39.99 plus 10 postage here. Give me a shout if you want it for that. Keep tripping over the bloody thing.

Not what i wanted to see.... been looking for reasons not to do this to mine.... It looks SO much better... unfortunately!!!!! lol

Great work!

Not what i wanted to see.... been looking for reasons not to do this to mine.... It looks SO much better... unfortunately!!!!! lol

Great work!

haha, same here. It was never something that I had planned to do, then somebody else did it and I was like ffs and bought lights the same week.

Tidy! Am liken that a lot, this is going to be the next mod to mine. :biggrin: what like are the head lights from euro car?

Love the picture which has the two different lights on at the same time, the projectors help bring out the lines of the arches so much better!
What's this about there being two different types of projector? Does anyone know the part numbers?

I've just tried to find some for my 200 from car euro but when I put in my number plate it only shows reflectors.

Love the picture which has the two different lights on at the same time, the projectors help bring out the lines of the arches so much better!
What's this about there being two different types of projector? Does anyone know the part numbers?

There are ones that take Xenon bulb and ones that just take a normal bulb. The HID ones are harder to retrofit due to the ballast.

There are ones that take Xenon bulb and ones that just take a normal bulb. The HID ones are harder to retrofit due to the ballast.

So if my car has the standard lights and the last owner has put some kind of blueish bulb in, I'd want the ones that take the normal bulbs still? I'm sure this is a stupid question but why does a headlight need ballast? :S

Yeah you do. The HID lights need a ballast as they run at a lower wattage than normal bulbs. The ballast essentially limits the power going to the bulb.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9