Hello, My new 197

HI
New to this forum, but been over at cliosport for 2ish years while owning my 182
DSC03265.jpg
Sold this last year and now have just brought a Red 197
Its got a few extras including climate control, Cabasse speakers/6 cd unit, cornering lights and key less entry and start. (these are all I can think it has atm)
I was looking at getting another 182 this year, but after driving a 197 I was really impressed with the improvements that have been made, especially to the sound that the standard system makes over the 182 standard system. car feels tighter and smoother, and the gearbox it a lot better.
So last week I brought a Ultra Red 197, before I picked it up I got my mate to do the wheels in black, as I don't think silver a red work well together. Also had its 5 yearly service (inc belts etc)
anyway here are a few exterior pictures I took yesterday.
Snow foamed
DSC04849.jpg
DSC04850.jpg
DSC04861.jpg
After cleaning/drying
DSC04880.jpg
DSC04887.jpg
DSC04892.jpg
comments welcome

mods to follow this year include
Parrot kit
Spacers
HID's (as I have the projector lights)
Cup Spoiler

:welcome: to the site dude!

You look like you may be worthy of "The Sign"

whores.jpg

I've driven a 182 and while fun the 197/200s are way more refined/easier to drive (I find you spend alot less time fighting to keep it in a straight line), nice car and those wheels look well (must have been resprayed?).

Fitting shouldn't change much, but are you wanting it to be a bluetooth kit, or also to drive your iPod?

I have a Parrot Mki9200 which does the iPod, gives me an additional line-in and bluetooth for the phone / streaming. The fitment of the different Parrot kits should be the same, only difference being the low level output from the posher kits that you can hard wire into Cabasse.

Anything more I can tell you, any questions/queries, just shout.

Hi here, already seen your car in around Rayleigh, makes me think about a red one but I'm not really fussy about colours, and can't make up my mind if I want to change to a 197/200, too refined these days? I like like my rough and ready Cup, always seems if I'm going fast. Will be going on a Renaultsport trackday this year to test drive the newer models before I make up my mind.

Welcome to the site and nice car. Have you considered getting a different spoiler to the cup one? I like the black wheels, if I was braver, I'd go black with mine. Thinking of dark silver, not quite grey.

Hi here, already seen your car in around Rayleigh, makes me think about a red one but I'm not really fussy about colours, and can't make up my mind if I want to change to a 197/200, too refined these days? I like like my rough and ready Cup, always seems if I'm going fast. Will be going on a Renaultsport trackday this year to test drive the newer models before I make up my mind.

Yeah I would say it's worth a drive in one, I never thought I would be this surprised in the difference. I always thought there weren't much in it.
What you driving, so I can look out for you?

Welcome to the site and nice car. Have you considered getting a different spoiler to the cup one? I like the black wheels, if I was braver, I'd go black with mine. Thinking of dark silver, not quite grey.

Yeah I have considered the other few options, but they seam to small and non sporty, the cup seams to be the only one that compliments the wide arches/ grills and diffuser.
Didn't like the car with silver wheels hence getting them done black before I pick it up. Dark grey would look good as well. Not much harm in getting them done.