Cheers Sean

Thanks Johhny
thank you sir :wink:

Welcome along :smile:
Cheers Chris

Selam Aleyküm!
Cheers Marsch, Aleykum Selam
Thats a bit old saying of welcome I guess :wink:

Great to see you on board enjoy the site and the car....:blackdiamond::kilt::uk:

thank you very much, I have no doubt I will enjoy both :smile:

Some pics?
I will have a look as I am not a picture guy that much :smile:
and actually, the reality is I am from Istanbul/Turkey but have been living in Shanghai/China since the last 12 years :smile:
I spend almost 2-3 months in Turkey and the car at this moment is sitting in the garage until I can have good time with her again :smile:
I will try to figure out uploading couple of photos if can find....

Welcome to the forum, Omer!
thank you Jimmy! kind of you

Welcome to the forum! Car looks great. I've never seen a MK3 RS in Istanbul, you must be one of the very few & lucky ones to own one! :smile: I'm from Istanbul as well BTW but been living in the UK for some 7 years now. Enjoy the forum.
Thats great to hear someone from my mob :smile: which part of Istanbul your from? I am from Kadikoy/Suadiye...
if you and I are there at the same time we should catch up next time :wink:

well... your right about these cars are very rare in Turkey. so, far I have been informed by the Renault that there were only 11 of them imported. and we know one of them had a big crash and later on they converted into a rally car.
there are 3 red color ones, couple black ones but mine is the only one with sunroof. another black is modded and has a megane engine now...

Hello my friend welcome along its a great forum...enjoy
thank you!
as mentioned earlier, I can already feel the happy mood here. I am sure I will enjoy and learn a lot from you guys all..

cheers guys for the warm welcome once more....

Alright Gentlemen :smile:

as Pav requested earlier, I think I should share more photos... here are couple of shots of the car with some extras...

A friend of mine is also a Renault Freak with many great cars in his small collection. These had been shot when I paid a visit to their garage...

IMG_1284_zps3yr6pznk.jpg

IMG_1283_zpsesy6jrix.jpg

IMG_1280_zpss58wsrqb.jpg

I love those Recaro CS buckets and was too eager to get a set for my little lady... It was painful tho... very hard to comedy Left hand drive original Clio ones... but Found them in Italy and have them shipped to Greece/Athens to my mates place as I was going to have a holiday in Greece.
He was kind enough to introduce me this great rally garage close to Athens where they installed my new (used) buckets.
of course for this great operation, I bought some cheap junk seats to be binned in there during the swap :wink:

IMG_3048_zps8m5gwfsw.jpg

IMG_3050_zpsnzortzvl.jpg

IMG_3057_zpsfvj8vj3f.jpg

Previous owners cancelled the cat and the mid silencer.... the car now has flat spot up until 3000 rpm but fast at high revs.
it sounds too noisy and I am not that happy, so find an original cat and mid silencer in Germany (only used for 2000kms) and bought it last summer. hope to replace them when I am back to Istanbul...

IMG_2493_zpsx79zh9xn.jpg

IMG_2449_zps5epma3mr.jpg

and here is the Fresh newbie :smile:
Just bought this little lady today, actually couple of hours ago :smile:)))
So very happy and unhappy.
Happy because finally I bought myself a mk1 as I am so much in love with the GroupA Mk1 rally cars....
Unhappy because she is 10.000kms away from me :smile:
Bought the car over the phone and a mate helped me to finalise the purchase. and now its in his garage until I go back to Istanbul....
It's a 1992 Clio Mk1 1.8 16s... need some attention tho, but I have some big plans for her in the near future :wink:

IMG_3895_zpsxtjscxkt.jpg

Wanted to share my two prides with you guys and hoping to have them in better days in better conditions...

by the way, I am always open to sensible offers for parts in good conditions as they are hard to find in Turkey...

hope you guys will enjoy the photos...
thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
lovely looking cars..you will enjoy driving one..also very nice collection of other cars...have a good time revving the tits out of it mate!!:thumb:

Reactions: OmerYetis
Cheers Sean

Thats great to hear someone from my mob :smile: which part of Istanbul your from? I am from Kadikoy/Suadiye...
if you and I are there at the same time we should catch up next time :wink:

well... your right about these cars are very rare in Turkey. so, far I have been informed by the Renault that there were only 11 of them imported. and we know one of them had a big crash and later on they converted into a rally car.
there are 3 red color ones, couple black ones but mine is the only one with sunroof. another black is modded and has a megane engine now...

Very few MK3 RS's indeed! I saw one in Bursa a few years ago but never in Istanbul.

We're almost neighbours then, I'm from Kadikoy (Kiziltoprak) as well :smile:

Reactions: OmerYetis

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9