Heater Not That Hot

Noticed that the heater isn't really getting that warm. Concerned that the stat might be goosed. After a 20-30 minute commute my water temp never gets above this:

Manchester-20110221-00032.jpg

How warm does everyone elses get? All Renaults I've had haven't ever been that warm imo, 'specially not compared to the wife's Xsara which melts your face clean off after 5 minutes!

tbh mine is the same, only time it rises to the middle is when i'm stuck in traffic. I just put it down to the efficient cooling of the engine bay :smile:

Heater seems ok, takes a while to warm the car up, but its not something i ever pay attention to.

Last edited:
Usually sits just over the 2nd mark Mike. If it's normal then fine. I just wanted to check as it's going in for its 36k service on Monday.

Pretty rubbish though that it doesn't get that warm within a half hour drive. At this time of year I'm only just warming up before I get where I'm going!

Mine sits in the same place as that photo, think pretty much all 197/200 sit between 2nd and 3rd markers.

Does take a little while to warm up but thats no bad thing, means more heat is going into warming the engine up which means less wear and tear!

yeh mine is the same, take it over 3.5k revs more and you'll find it heats up much quicker..

has anyone else noticed that once hot and turning the wheel the fans blow colder until you return the sterring wheel to center?. .

You shouldn't be taking it over 3.5k on a cold engine though! I try and keep below 3k until properly warmed up

thats normal, before my temp sensor when the car was reading between quater and half, now with the new temp sensor it read half all the time

Mine sits in the same place as that photo, think pretty much all 197/200 sit between 2nd and 3rd markers.

Does take a little while to warm up but thats no bad thing, means more heat is going into warming the engine up which means less wear and tear!

Balls to wear and tear, that's for later owners to worry about. :lol:

I want to be kept warm and cossetted on my commute.:smile:

I might mention it to them anyway, just in case something is a miss that happens to be a problem on most cars, but that people think is normal.:wink:

been a few stats go faulty - could be opening a bit early on even not fully closing therefore making it take longer to warm up