Heater won't blow hot

it's literally never ending with these French cars....

Right, heater won't blow hot now. Blower works as normal. Just freezing cold air.

Any ideas?

It's a non climate car with knobs, not a digital screen.

Few other things, centre console lights don't work and neither does the washer jets.

Car has let water in, pollen filter is wet.

Does anyone have any ideas please to help?

Could be a leaking heater matrix. Have you had a look at the coolant level recently?

Checked fuses under the steering wheel?

If one goes they can cause some really interesting behavior. My windscreen jets would only work after using the rear one first...

I swapped the heater controls and it seems to be blowing hot again now. I need to get it up to temp and make sure though

It's a non climate car with knobs, not a digital screen.

Few other things, centre console lights don't work and neither does the washer jets.

Car has let water in, pollen filter is wet.

Does anyone have any ideas please to help?

scuttle drains clear???

All kind of sorted. Car is soaking wet because the 4 drain pipes are blocked.

I have stripped the entire interior out to dry it before refitting everything.

Crap time of year for the drains getting blocked with all the stuff coming down off the trees etc. Crazy how much hassle this can cause! Glad you've got to the source of it, hopefully that will be the end of it all.

And it's not plain sailing....

All 4 internal drain pipes are now clear. Basically have to strip the entire interior to get to everything.

And the actual sunroof panel is leaking! It's bonded to the roof like a windscreen and it's leaking through the sealant in one spot. Great. I've cut a groove out in the sealant and used silicone to reseal. Fingers crossed this fixes it but I have a funny feeling it won't.

I'm not feeling these cars to be honest lads, spent far too long fixing stupid jobs and not even turned a wheel in anger yet.

That's not good to hear mate, but fingers crossed the problem has now been fixed. I've been in your situation too and have thought about cutting my losses and selling the car but always have a change of heart when i'm on the road. Give it some time and see if you feel the same way.

That's not good to hear mate, but fingers crossed the problem has now been fixed. I've been in your situation too and have thought about cutting my losses and selling the car but always have a change of heart when i'm on the road. Give it some time and see if you feel the same way.
That's the problem, time. I've probably spent 10 work days on what should have been a quick MOT and a few bits. So 3 months later I'm still messing about with it. Errrrr!

Similar Thread Suggestions