Heated mirrors

Yiannis197

Paid Member
Hi, just a quick one and it might be a stupid one as well:s

I noticed that when it comes to extras, the electric folding mirror always comes with the ''heated'' option. So, are all electric folding heated as well? Thanks

All electric adjusting mirrors have heating and it comes on with the heated rear window. I had the mirror glass out on my 197 and there are wires going to the back of the glass.

I retro fitted folding mirrors, I needed new wing mirrors, both door looms and a mirror switch. Got it all off a crashed 197.

To fold the mirrors, where the electric mirror switch is to adjust the wing mirrors you push down on the little joy stick thing.

Pushing the little knob to adjust the mirrors, adjusts the mirrors.

To fold in the mirrors you have to turn the little knob so its pointing to 6 o'clock, or towards you anyway. This is what i do unless theres a different way i dont know about?

Just tried that and nothing happens. The little joy stick wont turn to 6 o clock either.
They are definately heated too i just made sure.
Heres the joy stick , nothing different to yours is it ?
17dc5e10.jpg

They aren't electric folding mirrors I don't think, I'm sure there's a little white dot at the bottom, maybe wrong though?

Electric folding mirrors have the symbol at 6 o'clock on the adjustment dial. It looks like a mirror with an arrow on it.

I retro fitted folding mirrors, I needed new wing mirrors, both door looms and a mirror switch. Got it all off a crashed 197.

I understand this is an old post in an old thread but this is the bit i'm interested in and there is very little info out there about this, how hard was it to do once you got all the bits?