Having owned the car for 5 and a half months

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
I have yet to see another Red one about anywhere?!?!?!?!

Are they none existent in the south east lol!

As far as 197's go, there are very few round here, I can count them on one hand (the ones that I see regularly), and even the, I rarely see them lol!!!

I did stumble across a AB 200 today, it's a new spot for me lol!

I love having a rare stunner :smile::smile::smile::smile:

That’s what I love about the 197, there is only one other 197 that I have spotted down here and its a guy on this forum and funny enough it’s the same colour as well.

There used to be a R27 in LY that used to park at my work but I have not seen it since, so don’t know if he was just visiting.

yeah they are rare i only see like 1 or 2 a week same ones like! none are on this site i dont think i like it when i traval to my family couple 100 miles away and see how many others we can spot normally its a big fat 0!

i didn't see any for months when i bought mine then 6 months after working from te office somebody got a LY R27 and then 2 turn up in my village common as muck they are

In my town there are three R27's and about three cup's/FF.

Thought i was the only Deep Black R27 up this way, but theres another one 30 miles away and just a black FF one just around the corner from my work. :worried:

anyone no how many 197's were sold.on the rs site it only list R27's.I can't find any sales data for all of them

I don't think that many were sold in comparison to the old models. The 197 suffered alot of hate when it first came out...

Some of the inital reviews were average (i.e Evo and Clarkson) and alot of 172/182 fanboys ignored positive reviews and said they'd never buy one...apparent lack of fun factor, weight, lack of power, poor steering rack, fuel consumption and a phantom deadly buzzing 6th gear?

Also the car came out a year before the credit crunch and then huge hikes in fuel prices so that probably put alot of people off in late 07 and through 08.

The way prices have held up on good cupped 197's and R27's have proved that good examples must be quite rare and sell quickly.

Last edited:
Hey mike I must admit I think I have seen you once driving through burgess hill but apart from that I have only seen a blue 197 in hurstpierpoint and another black 197 going up clayton hill everyday after I'm driving back from work. However I haven't seen him for a long time. I think it's good that the 197s are quite rare as it not only makes it a surprise for us to see another one on the roads but people are like wow what car is that. On a different note guys I'm really thinking about getting a carbon fibre rear diffuser in a couple of months whats everyone thoughts on these? Am I seeing sense or just totally off my head even looking at these carbon mods.

I love the fact that its rare, it was part of the reason i wanted it! I've only ever seen one so far in 3 months of ownership. :smile:

yeah i love the rarity of them - one of the many reasons i wanted one! there are 2 other LY 197s in my local area but i hardly ever see them, i know of a couple of others around here in different colours but iv probably seen lees than 20 197s since i bought mine in January!!!

i must admit i see one or two Albi,s when out and about but not yet seen another R/B, lol :wink:

not seen a red one either.

theres a red one just off boundary road, a old man driving a rb in lancing and one in brighton and i see a black f1 most mornings going along the a24 past steyning.
thats all ive seen in my area.

theres a red one just off boundary road, a old man driving a rb in lancing and one in brighton and i see a black f1 most mornings going along the a24 past steyning.
thats all ive seen in my area.

Never seen the red one, that blue one, I have delivered to him and it has been on his drive - waste of a car on him tbh, there is a white one that goes a long the A259 sea front road towards Southwick from Lancing every day - cup with spoiler, black F1 in Lewes, LY F1 in Steyning, and this new blue 200 near me!

Never seen you out Sudi, but I'm sure that will change :wink:

I have never seen another red one round my parts, But then I do live on the Isle of wight.
There is one other I know about. Its a white cup and the only other I have seen!
I love it, everybody over here is like "wow" "whats that" "bet it goes well" :tongueout:

I have never seen another red one round my parts, But then I do live on the Isle of wight.
There is one other I know about. Its a white cup and the only other I have seen!
I love it, everybody over here is like "wow" "whats that" "bet it goes well" :tongueout:

It really is great that lol. My car-illiterate neighbours were wow-ing over my litte beast when we got it.

When one of the neighbours has visitors, they usually have an admiration moment too lol

GUTTED

I saw my first ever red 197 couple of days ago, but no stickers or spoiler, just a plain one!

Still looks awesome though!