harnesses?

They werent cheap. If i remember right around £155 each so i only bought the drivers side.
I was thinking about buying the passenger side later, then i saw the guy who originaly got them made put his car up for sale so i got his pair for £100 :smiley:

They werent cheap. If i remember right around £155 each so i only bought the drivers side.
I was thinking about buying the passenger side later, then i saw the guy who originaly got them made put his car up for sale so i got his pair for £100 :smiley:

So you have a spare driver side then? :wink:

I'll be interested in a group buy on some harnesses deffo.
been lookin for a set for a while but havent found any worth puttin my hand in ma pocket for yet.

I ideally want some green ones but black would be ok too.
Do you have to go for 3 point of 4 point?

It'd be your choice really, due to the offset nature of the shoulder strap's eyebolts, I'd go 4-point and cross them.

Willans do loads of colours.

Alloys_959_x_300.jpg

that green is pretty much bang on. would match the RS green paint ive got to do my calipers too.

deffo need to look into a group buy

Regarding buying them though, I'm holding off until I satisfy myself it is safe to use them on these seats.

Given the tilt release mech is actually in the harness slots, there's a slim chance in the event of a crash it could trigger this and you'd be in a whole world of s***, and probably a wheelchair too. Might just need disconnecting and you lose the ability to get in the back.

Regarding buying them though, I'm holding off until I satisfy myself it is safe to use them on these seats.

Given the tilt release mech is actually in the harness slots, there's a slim chance in the event of a crash it could trigger this and you'd be in a whole world of s***, and probably a wheelchair too. Might just need disconnecting and you lose the ability to get in the back.

Yea not worth spilling your head peanuts over, Id surprised though if recaro hadnt thought of that so hopefully theres a quick solution,

Recon they could make me angle straps too for passenger rides in your car :-p

i dont see how because the recaros tilt that its gonna be a problem.
think about it really, the harnesses are strapped out to the back of the car, hence pulling the driver, and the upright part of the recaros backwards towards the mounting place of the harnesses.
the only way that the recaro would tilt forward would be if the harness or the mounting point was to break.

not assuming only head on, but for a start the recaros have got to be pretty safe else they wouldnt be in the car.
ok fair enough for die hard track days where your goin alot faster than you would on the road pretty much the whole time, but for fast road use i cant see any problems

The road is the worst place, far greater risk of the unknown hitting you.

I ordinarily wouldn't use a harness on a 2 piece seat, the potential for it to break taking your back with it is quite high.

However, Recaro say these seats are safe to use harnesses with, but only the version without the tilt mech in the harness slot. It'd need disconnecting.

Say for example you get T-boned on the offside, your weight is pushing against the the door bringing the strap with it. The strap is therefore in contact with the release mech and *could* action it. Folding the seat, breaking your back.

Last edited: