Handsfree (Bluetooth)

Gonna Hope there is a solution to this, i have an 09 plate 197, it has the bluetooth (Handsfree) phone system in it, i have it connected up to my iphone. It used to transfer my contacts and history over everytime i connected it. That was with the iPhone 3.1 software - it has the iPhone 4 software and still works, but does not transfer contacts/history over.

Looking on Renaults website the iPhone has been tested and works on the 3.1software with transfering contacts/history, but not test for 4 software. On the HU itself there is an option to update the software but this does not work. It seems pretty pointless having the system if you have to pick up the phone to select contacts etc from the phone (Which aint legal)

Is there any plan does anyone know for Renault to sort this out or is there a solution? looking on here folk go on about using the system for track names etc, it aint that im asking about. just simply the function for the hadsfree to work for contacts etc.

Not sure ont he 197but certainly on the 200 you can copy over your contacts manually they are then saved in the cars phone book.