Handling and smooth driving.

I have searched but apologies if this is already well documented.

Had my 200 FF Cup for about 3 weeks now. I find it quite difficult to drive it smoothly, I have had two 197's previously and was able to nail it pretty quickly but struggling with this 200. It bogs down under modest acceleration off junctions and roundabouts (I know I could disable the ESP/TC) and gear changes are pretty clunky. I don't have any problems selecting gears so don't believe it to be a dud gearbox.

Also read last night some Evo long terms tests where they reported issues with tracking and alignment. Is this massively common? Mine pulls a little to the left but not drastically but it does feel a little skittish but then that's maybe the awful roads around here!

Thoughts appreciated, don't necessarily think there's anything wrong, maybe I just need more time to adjust.

Make sure you've got good quality tyres, and the tracking needs doing most times you have the tyres changed, due to the car being stiff, the tracking can get knocked out easy from the harsh bumps

It had falken tyres on front when I bought it. Plenty of tread yet so can't justify replacing just yet, even if they aren't my rubber of choice.

Get the tracking checked on a proper 4 post lazer alignment set up just to make sure its 100% right.

It had falken tyres on front when I bought it. Plenty of tread yet so can't justify replacing just yet, even if they aren't my rubber of choice.

Which falkens? Not that it matters much cause every set I've had were shocking.

Bogging down more likely to be Tyres / traction than alignment.

What do you mean by clunky gear change?

P.s. if you've had it 3 weeks you're presumably driving on damp greasy cold roads. Lack of traction = falkens IMHO.

Think you're spot on. Finally thawing out/drying up in Aberdeen.

Been ragging it along some dry roads and much much better.

Tyres probably to blame.

In terms of being clunky/jerky it's coming off the clutch, they are sensitive and I am driving mostly in patrol boots from work so perhaps more adjustment required.

I find it the same czech...my clutch is like a switch with the biting point right at the bottom. Really difficult to change smoothly.

As for skittish and pulling, mines the same. Its geometry setup is 100%, well 99%, the lad asked whether the car pulled to the right....to which i replied it pulls to the left and he just looked confused lol

How old is the car? You may find the acceleration becomes more lively after a few more miles, I certainly noticed it on my 197 and I bought it at 23k miles

How old is the car? You may find the acceleration becomes more lively after a few more miles, I certainly noticed it on my 197 and I bought it at 23k miles

It's a 60 plate with 18k racked up.

My original 197 was sold with 20k on the clock.

Never had an RS with more than 20k before. Thought it would have loosened up properly already?

Mine was on 31k when i bought it this time last year, it's just started to loosen up nicely now and on 43k

All these people wanting the sprint boosters and to be honest, my throttle can sometimes feel like an hair trigger now it has loosened up.

It also pulls strongly to the left but new tyres sorted this out but as they wear it's doing it again, i think they are just set up to be flat and it's the camber of the road.

When in france/germany it did pull the other way, i've had mine lazer aligned but it was the new tyres that worked the best.

Last edited: