Half decent camera??

I have a cheapo Kodak digital camera at the moment, 8MP and all usual functions of a camera. It does the job for nights out and that sort of thing, but I would really like to get something more capable of taking good photos of scenery, particularly with my car in the foreground!!

Some of the photos you guys and girls post on here are very impressive and I want similiar results!

All I have ever used is a Panasonic TZ-5 which is a simple point-and-shoot jobby, a couple of years ols and been replaced by several newer models (I think the latest is the TZ-10). I must admit it does very well with sunny conditions and offers some (IMO) amazing results. It has a fully auto mode which is great for snapping away, but unlike a lot of other cameras the manual settings are in-depth and allow you to make some adjustments which is pretty good if you consider yourself as a 'intermediate' level.

Only trouble is that it has got me wanting more...

I have a Canon EOS 30D, quite an old one by todays standard, but never the less, still a good one.

Get a starter kit - Canon EOS 1000D, epic kit!

Cheers guys. Might start looking into a used SLR of some description - I suppose it's like anything else, the better the gear the heavier the tag..

I have a canon 400d which is a couple of years old now. I'm sure you could pick up a used one for not that much money, very capable camera too, especially when you put a decent lens on it

I have the 450D Canon and it is great. Problem is, when you start adding lenses it becomes a very expensive hobby !