Had rear diamond nicked :-(

ydymype5.jpg

Black cover and rear diamond. Got to get new one now. But how long will this one last. Other 2 clios a 172 and 61 plate standard Clio all had them taken.

Quote so far. 32 from dealer then 10 for black eBay cover.

Now I looked on eBay for them and found one for 20 but feel its probably stolen and I don't want to give money to someone who nicks em! :what:

Dirty b**tards! no need at all! you would probably bew best to buy from the dealer, like you say, last thing you want to do is buy a stolen one.

I spoke to my copper lady friend Darren, and she said that because it's the second time you've reported it, they SHOULD take it more seriously as they don't like "repeat victims".

Not saying they'll do much though.

the policeman came to my house this morning, i had a voicemail whilst in the cinema, he said ive made some enquires and knocked door to door. no suspects. we will file it.

Do i use insurance or just pay it.... surely they will make you pay excess which will be more?

sorry to hear this mate,there's some total to55ers about,

ever thought about debadging it,you be the first that i know of and it would look mint...

the policeman came to my house this morning, i had a voicemail whilst in the cinema, he said ive made some enquires and knocked door to door. no suspects. we will file it.

Do i use insurance or just pay it.... surely they will make you pay excess which will be more?

I wouldn't use the insurance, it will prob be more in excess and then may go up when your renewal comes round as you've had a claim. I'd just pay the £32 + £10 for cover. Or..... Debage it!

sorry to hear this mate,there's some total to55ers about,

ever thought about debadging it,you be the first that i know of and it would look mint...

Easier said than done, what with the lock button in the middle of the rear diamond and the front is recessed into the panel.

Don't even contemplate insurance, your excess will likely be £200-£300 if not more and any claim no matter how small will mess up your insurance for years. I would even be telling them about it.

Easier said than done, what with the lock button in the middle of the rear diamond and the front is recessed into the panel.

Don't even contemplate insurance, your excess will likely be £200-£300 if not more and any claim no matter how small will mess up your insurance for years. I would even be telling them about it.

ah right yeah,i have a cup so no boot button on the rear,as for the front i'm pretty sure a good body worker could fill the front diamond in,sure i've seen it done in a mag somewhere,looked seriously good

Why would you use the insurance for a rear badge?

Get ya boot smoothed out. Problem solved :wink:

Dickheads, what will they actually want with the badge..

I'm just hoping they've not damaged the paint removing it!

Maybe they took it thinking it was a carbon or black diamond (rather then just a cover) and once it was off realised then it wasn't?
Although if your other one got done to probably not.