GT spoiler...

Can someone please tell me what the difference is if any between the GT spoiler or the K-Tec Sprint spoiler?

I'm looking at a spoiler to finish the back end off, Cup spoiler is definitely not for me though.

I thought that about the cup spoiler originally and then thought it would be rude not to.

Each to their own mate but the Cup is not for me, don't mind it too much on some colours but my car is all black so don't think it would go well at all.

Looking for something subtle.

They are 2 different spoilers. The GT spoiler has a built in brake light, and extends straight out from the tailgate. It is normally a factory fit option due to more parts being required. The KTEC spoiler fits around the existing high level brake light, and tips upwards at the back. There are pics on the site, but I think people get confused between the two.
Hope its ok to post these pics!!

gtspoiler.jpg
GT Spoiler

ktecspoiler1.jpg
KTEC spoiler

They are 2 different spoilers. The GT spoiler has a built in brake light, and extends straight out from the tailgate. It is normally a factory fit option due to more parts being required. The KTEC spoiler fits around the existing high level brake light, and tips upwards at the back. There are pics on the site, but I think people get confused between the two.
Hope its ok to post these pics!!

Do you have a part no. on the GT spoiler?

Cheers stuey that's a big help seeing them both together I'm going for the GT as I like the idea of the brake light built it.

No sorry no part numbers. They may be on the site somewhere. I think you may need more than just the spoiler, and the actual tailgate may be different, I'm not sure on that though.

I would have ordered the GT spoiler with my car had I known what it was at the time. They told me (Perrys) they had no brochures because they were waiting for the Megane to come out. Probably lost a few sales because of that. I am going to get the KTEC myself when my insurance is up for renewal, Admiral wont accept any mods :thumbdown:

I got my 197 from perrys in aylesbury :smile: i wish i got the gt spoiler too.

also im with admiral and that news is dissapointing

I'm in the process of getting a GT spoiler sprayed and fitted to my GW FF200 this week.

On my R27 I had the KTEC spoiler but am gonna go OEM this time around.

I will let you know how I get on. I found somewhere that can supply the full kit for £192.

I would have ordered the GT spoiler with my car had I known what it was at the time. They told me (Perrys) they had no brochures because they were waiting for the Megane to come out. Probably lost a few sales because of that. I am going to get the KTEC myself when my insurance is up for renewal, Admiral wont accept any mods :thumbdown:

If you put the GT spoiler on you wouldn't have to declare it as a modification seeing as it is an optional extra. Might be an option if you want a spoiler before renewal is due

Stevo, is that supplied in primer or in top coat?

Just been quoted £470 for the GT supplied and fitted from my dealer apparently the parts aren't cheap and there's a bit of work to do on the tailgate.

If you put the GT spoiler on you wouldn't have to declare it as a modification seeing as it is an optional extra. Might be an option if you want a spoiler before renewal is due

Stevo, is that supplied in primer or in top coat?

I had to declare my options to Admiral, which were the GW paint and black Speedlines. It actually added about £10 to my premium...