GP..to MX5...to 197?

Hello all, newbie here...

Up until February I had had a Mini JCW GP for 18 months which was a fabulous little car - 218bhp and a sublime pop and crackle on the overrun - but my wife never really took to it and we ended up with an '08 MX5 instead. I liked it at first and we clocked up 4,000 miles in May tootling around Italy in it - but now it's not doing it for me anymore and I think I'm missing the power of the GP and that whole hot hatch feeling...I should know better at 42:rolleyes:
So....with what I can get for the MX5 (about £11.5K hopefully) I find myself being drawn towards a 197. Always loved the look of them, especially the rear.
Loving the luck of the Cup in glacier white...might have a trundle out for a test drive this weekend...

welcome to the site Jono,

dont worry about the age thing mate, there are 1 or 2 crinkley,s on here, lol

Welcome to the site, JCW's.. really like them.

The JCW will be similar to the 197 in some cases, they are both great handling cars.

Welcome to the site. Never liked Mini's, sorry! My mom's got a Cooper D and loves it though! I think the Clio's are better in every way TBH, especially practicality! ha ha!

You'll miss some power that the GP had because of the torque that the compressor made, but it has other advantages, like more space, practicality, and better handling in my opinion.

Similar Thread Suggestions