Gordini #950 Akrapovic

Hello everyone!

I decided to create this progress thread instead of having everything spread across the forum. I have a 2012 Clio RS 200 Gordini, number 950. It is both my daily driver and my track day car (though I have other cars, but I just love the little Clio!)

So far, these are the mods I've made:
- Akrapovic full Evolution line
- H&R springs
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's
- Ultra racing strut braces
- K&N panel filter

Next on the list:
- Map the car
- Quaiffe LSD

I intend to buy another car, probably this year (I'm looking at Cupra 290's and new Civic Type R's), so then I might cage the Clio and buy some proper bucket seats, but until then the car has to be a compromise between daily usage and track performance.

I'll keep you posted. Cheers!

IMG_2494.jpg IMG_2491.jpg IMG_2534.jpg IMG_2575.JPG IMG_3045.JPG

Went for a drive with some friends and one of them took some cool pictures of my car. Here they are :relaxed: It was a tough decision to choose the best looking car or the best sounding one between the Akra'd Clio, the Abarth 595 Competizione 180 with Record Monza and the Mini JCW with JCW exhaust. In the mountain roads though, there was not much to debate :french:

IMG_5990.jpg IMG_5848.jpg IMG_5844.jpg IMG_5864.jpg IMG_5867.jpg IMG_2072.JPG

Lovely car. And some great pics of it to.... :smile:

Great to hear that while you could argue statically - even as the car sat amongst fierce competition: when things got dynamic the Clio did ALL the talking !

Looking forward to your progress......

Reactions: Pina13jpc
nice looking gordini.
would love to hear what you think of the cup 2's.
is the car on spacers in the latter photos?

Normally not a massive fan of the gordini 200, but this nice :grinning:
I'd be interested to know if you were running spacers, as the wheels seem to fit arches nicely.

Really nice car and also great pictures. Very jealous of the Akra, even though I do love my Scorpion! The stance is great too, I was wondering if it had spacers on as well....

So much better without stripes. I had 200 Gordini before and when i had that car, i always thought i will take stripes off.
Anyway i sold it, it still has stripes what i know. My car had akra too. It sounds great in top revs.

is the car on spacers in the latter photos?

Normally not a massive fan of the gordini 200, but this nice :grinning:
I'd be interested to know if you were running spacers, as the wheels seem to fit arches nicely.

Really nice car and also great pictures. Very jealous of the Akra, even though I do love my Scorpion! The stance is great too, I was wondering if it had spacers on as well....

Yes, I forgot to say! The car is on 20mm spacers. I hate the look of it without them! I prefer the wheels more at the surface, though it becomes much easier to scratch them when parking.
I just removed the spacers for track use since my Cup 2's were 225 and they rubbed on the bodywork... I have 215 Cup 2's now yeyyyy :laughing::laughing:

nice looking gordini.
would love to hear what you think of the cup 2's.

The Cup 2's are good tyres, I found them to grip a lot. The only problem is that they wear too quickly on the front (2 track days and they're gone), but it might also have to do with the stock geometry. They are a nice all-round tyre but there are probably faster options if you want to go round a track...

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wozzer Clio General Chat 0
1 Clios For Sale 8
S Gordini Register 1
molo New Members 3
Wozzer Clio 200 Area 5