Good clean

Gave her a good clean as I just purchased some sonus green clay and a new lambswool mitt!

Usual two bucket method, clay, two bucket again, blade dried, polish, polish, wax, wax....

100_0832.jpg

100_0831.jpg

100_0830.jpg

100_0827.jpg

100_0828.jpg

100_0834.jpg

100_0833.jpg

100_0829.jpg

100_0835.jpg

100_0839.jpg

100_0838.jpg

100_0836.jpg

100_0840.jpg

Your shiney perfect paintwork is making me jeleous! :worried: Lol! What's this 2 bucket method about then?

Mmm, Deep Black!!! :smile:

Looks ace mate, nicely done. What products are you using?

One with shampoo and one plain water to rinse the cleaning sponge etc each time. This is so your not putting grit etc into the soap bucket each time you dunk.
Hope that helps!

Oh ok! Sounds like I might have to give this a try. Need to get me one of those mitts too and I want one of those grit things for the bottom of the bucket as well. Pay day is only 1 week and 2 days away (not that I'm counting or anything)!

Cheers everyone,

two bucket method, better detailed on detailersworld.com but briefly,

essentially 2 buckets of water (preferably warm) one with the soap in and the other clean water,
mit into soapy water and wash the first panel,
mit into clean water to rinse,
mit into soapy water and clean the next panel
keep repeating essentially removing the dirt and debris in the clean water then the soapy water is not contaminated with dirt and grit, just more thorough washing method.
when either bucket gets dirty just pour away and fill up another, i usually only do this if the cars particularly dirty but normally just the water gets replaced.

I am using a meguaires gold carwash and lambswool mitt
sonus green clay with lube which is meguiares gold in about a 1:10 mix so quite high strength
I used black colour magic polish as it had a few swirl marks from washing it with my mates stuff lol
this time around I used reeeeeallly old school
http://www.motorshop1.co.uk/mer.htm
classic which i've had for about 7 years lol fantastic stuff which I did two coats of, usually use a carnuba turtle wax but was a warm day with some direct sunlight which I can still use the mer in.
also Gumi Pfledge for the rubber edges to prevent the common cracking.

Hope this answers some questions. :tongueout:inky:

damn too slow. oh dunno about anyone else but i have autoglym high resin polish and really cant get on with it....

dont bother with the grit thing just refresh the water if it gets even a tiny bit murkey

I got given a big Auto Glym case, full of stuff. Some of it has been used, but anyway, I don't really like their stuff either TBH, I just use it to get rid! The bodywork shampoo is the worst, it's so difficult to work with because it doesn't lather up very well. So you end up putting loads in. But then it leaves white streeks all over the car! So now I use some Turtle wax shampoo which is brill! The polish is ok but I think I could probably buy some better stuff. Car glass polish is ****. The rest of there range is unimpressive too. Even their de-icer sucks!

try MEGUIARS products mate
3 stage is good
1.paint cleaner
2.polish
3.wax
cant go far wrong

try MEGUIARS products mate
3 stage is good
1.paint cleaner
2.polish
3.wax
cant go far wrong

agreed meguiars is very good although both the polish and the wax I find are very hard work to buff out by hand. turtle wax of any form is also very good.

I've been using Sonus Super Fine Green Clay, seems to pick a lot of ****e up.

In fact, all of my stuff is now Sonus, had a purge when I bought the Clio. Their SFX polish is good for swirls on black cars so I've found.

I was looking at the mag 3 stage kit in Halfords the other day and considered getting it. But I can't afford it until I get paid. Another thing to bed to my ever growing list of things I need to buy!

You need one of these sir:

whores.jpg

Stunning pics and stunningly clean dude :smile:

cheers, would like one saw it in your thread the other day.

Now a paid member too so hopefully can become one of the "well known" members lol!

I was thinking of getting some finishing spray like a sealant but not had any experience yet any recommendations?

Similar Thread Suggestions