Gold Brakes

Tom

Platinum Member
My car is Albi Blue and I'm going to be getting my brakes powder coated soon.

I was originally going to get red, like on the cup packs.

Then I remembered this car:

7S6bG.jpg

Ohhhh the hours of wanting as a young teen, playing Gran Turismo...

Anyway, I did a quick photoshop of what it might look like:

foVxB.jpg
Original picture from james_h - 'My FF Cup Packed Albi 200'. Hope you don't mind.

What are your thoughts peeps?

Red or gold?

Tom.

Last edited:
I quite like that, but I'd do the bullets to match if I went with Gold.

The ''Blobeye'' Impreza STi come with gold Brembos too.

i was thinking the exact same thing on my RB 197. the colour is called inca pearl. just cant find a high heat brand of it as yet.

I quite like that, but I'd do the bullets to match if I went with Gold.

The ''Blobeye'' Impreza STi come with gold Brembos too.

I think red. If you do them gold I think there would be too many colours. No offence Willis but gold bullets would look dreadful imho. Also, gold bullets would probably mean gold handles as well :tongueout:

not fussed on gold personally,i think it looks a bit tacky,a bit jap! yellow looks good though,one of the yorkshire lads on here has them

I think the bullets in gold would look a bit tacky :tongueout:inky: but the calipers would look ok, not a bright gold though.

Gah, didn't think about the handles!!! :smiley:

Do them Albi and be different. With a silver Brembo logo???

i was thinking the exact same thing on my RB 197. the colour is called inca pearl. just cant find a high heat brand of it as yet.
That's real useful, cheers.

I think the bullets in gold would look a bit tacky :tongueout:inky: but the calipers would look ok, not a bright gold though.
I was thinking off a softer gold, similar to the R34 pictured. It was hard to Photoshop a light gold without it looking like cream/yellow/brown.

Do them Albi and be different. With a silver Brembo logo???
Different is good, as long as it looks good. Jase's car had blue brakes and I wasn't a massive fan... Too much blue? I think a bright set of brakes will really set it off.

If I go red, I'll get a white 'Brembo' and if I go gold, it'll be a black 'Brembo'.

As for the bullets - mine are carbon fibre, which would set off the gold - I think?

Last edited:
Mines an Albi and I will be getting mine done yellow shortly. The gold doesnt look too bad IMO, but I wanted something that stuck out a little more

Thanks for the feedback all...

Josh, gold is prettttyyy close to yellow. Be sure to get yours posted when they're done. :wink: