Go pro hero3

jamesgw200

Tory of the Month
Found a few of these on offer and I really want one for the odd track use and other occasions when it will come in handy, are these worth the money?

without a doubt
awesome bit of kit, got the silver edition, i use it on the mtb and on the car, my boy uses it for freerunning, bmx, pro jumps etc
the quality is mega and all so easy to work with the iphone app

bought some new mounts the other day and have put one on the 197 diffuser as its a cool viewpoint seeing cars chasing you
id just advise you only buy genuine mounts as ive tried quite a few others and theyre piss poor quality

Thanks for your advice, have herd mixed reviews and wanted to hear someone's view from the forum who use it on there car aswell as other activities, 165 sound a decent price?

for which model??
if its black or silver thats a killer price if its white then its not bad there are a few discounted whites about, its worth stretching the budget or searching out a 2nd hand black or silver though as they have a lot more features and better resolution etc
the black is awesome and less money than the sum of its bits combined but maybe overkill as its pro level, its worth picking up the new free catalogue at a stockist or animal store as it explains all the differences between the 3 cameras so youll know whats best for your needs

that was for a white, but now ive read on what each model provides so instead i went for a silver edition for 199 pounds brand new. seemed reasonable. Thanks for your feed back and help :smile:

I have the GoPro Hero 3 Black edition and it is great! Defo worth buying if you have the spare cash

i thought the black edition was something that had to many features on it that i wouldnt ever use, so thought the silver suited me better.

We sell them in my Apple store, the Black is a epic bit of kit. But for me the 4k resolution is something that I wont use any time soon so is a unwanted extra! Silver is excellent though and has everything you need £280 in store so anything less than that is a bargain to me!
The only thing that would draw me away is a Contour, they have one extra I wish a go pro had as standard and that's the GPS tracker that can be overlaid on the video!

I always used go pro but recently went and bought a contour+2 . Very very easy to use and also has the bulit in gps and the likes. I will have a few sample videos up later today

im just wondering if its best to invest into a suction cup for the go pro, or is it just easier and better to put a adhesive pad onto the windscreen next to the rear view mirror? any got any pic of there set ups and what and where you recomend to place it!
thanks.

Just to throw a spanner in the works.

I know a guy that bought one and regrets it. Said he'd have rather had is car mapped or something as he only uses it once/twice a year.

So if you don't do many track days, it's not really worth it.

Even if you did track day a month, at the rate my friend paid for his setup, you're talking ~30 per month in the first year and it's just not that good.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good camera, but I don't think I would buy one. I'd rather pay someone to borrow theirs for a day every time I needed it.

Loads cheaper until I start doing 12+ track days per year.

Just a thought.

im gonna buy the suction cup at some point , the mounts that come with it are strong enough to hold it onto a car ( ive got one on my rear diffuser)but im always paranoid itll fall off, when giving it the beans
if all you do is the odd trackday then it is an expensive toy, but most people have other hobbies/ interests where you would use it too
, my son rides street and races bmx , is into parkour,pro jumps, mountain boarding, skimboarding etc etc, plus we are all into mountain bikes so ours gets caned on a regular basis, my mates even had it fastened on his dog lol

im gonna buy the suction cup at some point , the mounts that come with it are strong enough to hold it onto a car ( ive got one on my rear diffuser)but im always paranoid itll fall off, when giving it the beans
if all you do is the odd trackday then it is an expensive toy, but most people have other hobbies/ interests where you would use it too
, my son rides street and races bmx , is into parkour,pro jumps, mountain boarding, skimboarding etc etc, plus we are all into mountain bikes so ours gets caned on a regular basis, my mates even had it fastened on his dog lol

i agree, its a long term investment rather than a weekend toy once a year. The suction cup are 30 quid tho so i was just intrested to see if anyone bothered or made do with the adhesive pads, i dont want to stick one on to the dash. Much rather it be on the top of the windscreen but got no idea if its any good.

ill definitely get the suction cup , so i can mount it on the car body and not be so worried, was chatting to the go pro guys at goodwood this year and they say its tested up to 150 mph, so no worries there with my car lol
if you just want to mount it inside the car to the screen why not try a cheaper mount off fleabay or one of those suction gps mounts, they cost peanuts and dont need to be as strong as the exterior ones