glove box sagging to one side

Has anyone tried using a heat gun on it?

You'll need to heat it up, bend it too much so that it springs back straight. You kind of need to cool it down quickly though to save having to hold pressure on it while it cools!

I've had my front replaced once, and then the whole glovebox replace. It is a bit better but not perfect. CBA to go back and complain again!

Anyone one got any updates on this like anyways they have fixed it on there own withought replacing the glovebox. there are a few examples here but dont wanna start farting about with a heat gun cause i aint got a clue what to heat up lol

Ih right i thought it was just mine. Looking though the documents mine has been replaced. Still a wider gap at the top on the side towards the driver

Mate if i get 5 mins i'm going to bend the sod into place and do a bit of adjustment!

i tried to look at it mate but all i can find is plastic bits and i cant bend them. It looks like its sagging from the bottom of the glovebox door if u know what i mean

Cut a bit, add a bit....

Its a :whatever: design and needs improving.

If I can work an easy mod out i'll post a pic as the gap is starting to wind me up now..

Did we ever solve this? My light stays on and I have to push it again to trip the switch. Still under warranty but is there any point getting it fixed? Does it just happen again?!

On my first 197 I thought that the glove box lid/flap may be adjustable. Spent ages popping out the trim strips and stripping it all down to find out it's a fixed mechanism and not really any way of lining it up better.

Can't remember off the top of my head whether the actual contact button/pusher for the light can be adjusted, seem to remember it was either fixed or too difficult to get at from behind with out the whole dash coming out.

Thought this was just poor build on this car, but all the 200's I looked at before buying the one now all have the same issue (including this one)

Just poor build or design or both.

Couldn't you retro fit some sort of clip, so when you push your glove box to close it, it clips on to it??

Couldn't you retro fit some sort of clip, so when you push your glove box to close it, it clips on to it??

I've bought two of these gonna see if I can fit it into the glovebox, maybe fix the female catch onto the back of the glovebox internals (so it sticks through from the back) and the male to the lid, I noticed there's a rubber stop so maybe try replacing that with the catch trying to keep the gap small.

eBay no. 380661725220