Getting Impatient

...when is Renault going to put up more details for the 200T....my local dealer has told me that they will take orders during April, but there is no pricing and options information on the Renaultsport site.....I know the pricing is 19995 for 200T Lux, and £500 for cup pack....but I want to know more!! The suspense is killing me!!

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadc...ult.aspx[/url What more do you need to know?

200T £18995

200T Lux £19995

Lux adds climate control, electrically folding door mirrors, electric rear windows, R Link (in lieu of MediaNav), auto lights and wipers, extra tinted glass

Options:

Cup chassis including 18" wheels £650
18" wheels £300
Monitor £295
Climate control £410
Extra tint £250
Leather £1000
Heated seats £250
Rear sensors £315
Rear camera £350
Metallic £495
Flame red £595
Liquid yellow £1300

Any news on finance incentives yet? I wonder if we will ever see the 200's £999 deposit and £199pcm again.

Mentalpen, where did you get your info from...Lux pack also adds leather (according to stealers) and the RS monitor is part of R Link (I think).....looks like you have to pay for any colour then, as the White is also an 'I.D.' colour....so we are looking at £21,000 minus the discount....I managed to get a full fat storm grey with leather and cup pack etc for £17,500 against the 22k list price.....so based on that a Luxed 200T with cup pack is going to be around the same (hopefully)....but I am going to wait for a second hand car if I choose to chop the Meg in for one....

Any news on finance incentives yet? I wonder if we will ever see the 200's £999 deposit and £199pcm again.

Even I might take it more seriously at that but I can't see it happening, the car is going to be a fair bit more expensive to build than the 200 I would imagine so a higher floor margin on sales.

Mentalpen, where did you get your info from...Lux pack also adds leather (according to stealers) and the RS monitor is part of R Link (I think).....looks like you have to pay for any colour then, as the White is also an 'I.D.' colour....so we are looking at £21,000 minus the discount....I managed to get a full fat storm grey with leather and cup pack etc for £17,500 against the 22k list price.....so based on that a Luxed 200T with cup pack is going to be around the same (hopefully)....but I am going to wait for a second hand car if I choose to chop the Meg in for one....

Info via RUK, prices are 100% correct after an earlier mistake by lianne edgar who is in charge of the rs clio product for the uk.

*****Edit*****

Leather is an option and monitor is an option on the R-Link and not included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure but a basic cup but the 200 cup was at 15% vat (£15,500?) where as there is no basic 200T but if you say a basic 200 cup at 20% is more like £16,250

Last edited by a moderator:
About the same as 182 to 197 tho?

And not too dissimilar to others in the same market?

About the same as 182 to 197 tho?

And not too dissimilar to others in the same market?

Very true, just looks like a lot of cash for what it is...

When I purchased my 200 I paid 15.5k for a FF with loads of options, admittedly I got nearly 5k discount. My budget was around 16k so I was really happy to get what I got.

For a similarly specced 200T (when Recaros are released) your looking at 25k which is way to much for a Clio. 25k moves you into second hand Exige & M3 territory.

What is the real relevance in comparing the price of it to any previous car. It's a different car completely. The gearbox alone will be a significant cost as it is with any DSG, OSG, PDK call it what you will. The car has 5 doors with all the added needs of those, opening for a start, windows, in terms of finish and technology alone it is like comparing apples n oranges. If anyone is contemplating one then forget the old cars, compare to the current contenders, fiesta ST, Peugeot gti, polo gti, Citroen DS3, fiat 500abarth, corsa Vxr, etc etc. in the context of these the new car price is in the same market place

If anyone is contemplating one then forget the old cars, compare to the current contenders, fiesta ST, Peugeot gti, polo gti, Citroen DS3, fiat 500abarth, corsa Vxr, etc etc. in the context of these the new car price is in the same market place

The Fiesta ST is significantly cheaper with a list price of £17k.

What is the real relevance in comparing the price of it to any previous car. It's a different car completely. The gearbox alone will be a significant cost as it is with any DSG, OSG, PDK call it what you will. The car has 5 doors with all the added needs of those, opening for a start, windows, in terms of finish and technology alone it is like comparing apples n oranges. If anyone is contemplating one then forget the old cars, compare to the current contenders, fiesta ST, Peugeot gti, polo gti, Citroen DS3, fiat 500abarth, corsa Vxr, etc etc. in the context of these the new car price is in the same market place

think how price competitive it would be in 3dr and no autobox!!!!

but as it is its more than its rivals as you are saddled with the no option autobox...:thumb1:

I appreciate that maybe I shouldn't compare with past cars but the fact remains that at nearly 25k for a fully loaded hatch, its way to expensive fir what it is. When I bought the 200 even before discount it was actually very competitively priced, the Clio isnt

Last edited:
I appreciate that maybe I shouldn't compare with past cars but the fact remains that at nearly 25k for a fully loaded hatch, its way to expensive fir what it is. When I bought the 200 even before discount it was actually very competitively priced, the Clio isnt

and for £25k the interior isnt good enough!! far too many of the old switches still used and very cheap plastic in places :argue:

I suppose it comes down to what you perceive as value for money. For example I'd never pay nearly.100K for an R8, simply because its an Audi, same as I couldn't part with 60K for a fully loaded BMW 3 series because its just a 3 series, I wouldn't pay 70K for a VW Phantom because its a VW. But then in the same breath I'd happily hand over 200K for a 458 and 25K for a 2nd hand exige.