Getting an Alpine to work on 197 steering controls?

Rishi

Platinum Member
Does anyone know where i can find the necessary adapters to get an Alpine stereo working through the original stereo controls of a 197?

Thanks!

alpine do an adapter themselves, or get a connects2 box, can be found on just about every online car audio outlet.

Cheers guys, i was searching for a while & couldn't find anything as i forgot the web address for caraudiosecurity.com :wink:

Could anyone that has display working with an alpine headunit say which cables they have & where they ordered them from?

Cheers

Thanks but thats the connects2 cable which I heard does not have vehicle display ie it doesn't show stereo details on the central console where it says time/temp?

cheers mate

it doesnt show the songs name and all that, it just says renault, but they all say renault, none actually show the radio sataion name or the song name

I am pretty sure if you get the right Alpine then it will display info on the upper screen, with the correct cable.

The headunit im looking at has both options:

•Steering Wheel Control Ready (requires additional adaptors)
•OEM Sub-display Ready (requires additional adaptors)

I can't seem to find the cable that will have both these functions though...trying to call Alpine with no joy, same with caraudiosecurity.com...

TBH id be fine with it saying renault if thats what the connects2 cables do... but might aswell try get more on display options if at all possible

i think im just gonna go for a CTSRN005 lead, does it matter whether i get a connects2 one or any ebay one?

all the pictures of the leads are generic pictures, im assuming pretty much every ctsrn005 cable is near identical but dont wanna cheap out