Germs Ultra Red and Deep Purple Clio 197 Dream/Project

Hi guys!

So its been a while since I last updated. Unfortunetely since I got her on the road I haven't done much to her, apart from a really good service. Using the Titan Race oil and a ITG filter of course :wink: But I've just got a new job so decided before I leave my current job I want to get her up to scratch. I finally done the headlining myself this weekend in Faux black Suede. Feels incredible and looks a lot better than the grubby white that was in there before. Apart from a few wrinkles here and there(has to be expected by someone who hasn't done it before). Simply took the headlining out the car, cut the material to a similar size and then sprayed both the material and headlining with the adhesive. Then slowly applied the material, using my hand and lots of pressure. The wrinkles are at the back, this is because the material just wasn't stretchy enough to deal with the curves unfortunately but to be honest you don't notice them unless you know they're there and have a really good look. I also did the A pillar trims and refitted it all. Didn't cost me to much, around £70 with the material and adhesive and I've probably got enough to do it again ha. Took around 3-4 hours as I didn't want to rush and end up with lots of wrinkles. After talking to my retrimmer since(he's currently repairing both my outer seat bolsters and retriming my steering wheel) I've learned that they normally use Alcantara for headlinings as its really stretchy so it easier to get rid of wrinkles, but bloody exspensive. Hope you like it and I'm looking forward to posting about my seat repairs and steering wheel retrim :smile:

p.s sorry about the pictures, couldn't get a good shot because the materials so dark hahaha
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0068.jpg
    DSC_0068.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC_0069.jpg
    DSC_0069.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC_0071.jpg
    DSC_0071.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_0092.jpg
    DSC_0092.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG-20160402-WA0000-2.jpg
    IMG-20160402-WA0000-2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
After talking to my retrimmer since(he's currently repairing both my outer seat bolsters and retriming my steering wheel)

How much are you paying for the Seat Bolster re-trim if you don't mind me asking? Is it matching material, or are you having it re-trimmed in something else?

Im sticking to a matching material, maybe if they go again then I'll get all the bolsters done in leather or something more durable. He's charging around £70 per bolster repair which I thought was really good. But I'm not sure if I'm getting discount with that as my work use him a lot and I always pay cash just incase it makes a difference in the price :wink:

Im sticking to a matching material, maybe if they go again then I'll get all the bolsters done in leather or something more durable. He's charging around £70 per bolster repair which I thought was really good. But I'm not sure if I'm getting discount with that as my work use him a lot and I always pay cash just incase it makes a difference in the price :wink:

So is that £140 per seat? 1 bolster on each side of a single seat? Some places are still friendly and will knock the VAT off if you're paying cash :smile:

Erm well only my outer bolsters have gone on mine so just one on each seat. I'm certain he'd do it cheaper if you had both bolsters done on one single seat though. He said once the seat covers off its not to much work to just sew more in if theres more damage(I asked as one bit in the middle of mine is slightly frayed). I left it up to him whether he wants to replace it or just smarten it up as it wasn't to noticeable, I'm just fussy :smile:

Got her back from the trimmers on friday, looking nice and fresh on the inside now. £70 for each bolster repair(including the repairs to the foam too) and £150 for the steering wheel. What do reckon?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0095.jpg
    DSC_0095.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_0097.jpg
    DSC_0097.jpg