German LED rear lights. Wiring diagram help needed!

lukechilds

Paid Member
Hi, I purchased a set of led rear lights from German eBay, got them and have tried to fit them, the left side is fine, the right side however, on initial installation, the reverse light was the running light, the fog light was the indicator and everything was messed up.

wondering if anyone has done the same and managed to sort it out?
Or has anyone got a wiring diagram so I can tell what cables should feed where?

thanks in advance!

you don't really need a wiring diagram as you can use a tester to check for a live down each individual wire when they are working and also use the other side wiring plug
as a guide to help work out which wire does what

On mine I took the connector surround off the led light and plugged it directly into the loom
Try that because they aren't a great fit

I just cut every wire and crimped some bullet connectors on in the end. Realised I could use the old plate with bulbs to work out which cable went where! Got them on and they are looking great! In my opinion at least!
IMG_0066.jpg

I have ordered some chrome indicator bulbs so will be taking the lights off again in a few days. I will post up a description of the wires so if anybody else ever needs it they have one :smile:

Last edited:
Please am keen to go this route but worried, the guy in Germany told me the lights are not for right and drive cars... So I assume you just made a plan in the UK?