Gen90

TRC1418

Paid Member
Been looking at different ECUs, the stand alone's are mad expensive, that EC1 prices at 2400 + VAT at TDF. Then someone suggested the GEN90 that KTEC sell, saw it for around £900, anyone running one of these? Is it worth it? And when I looked on KTEC it says they only sell it for the 172/182 ??

It's on a handful of cars. The only things being perfected are CANbus systems so the dash, cruise, fuel computer etc all work as standard. Running the engine side of things is relatively straightforward

FYI it's £1040 for the ECU, you need an adapter as the GEN90 is Plug and play for a mk2, but a little different for a mk3. Once the kit it finalised you'll get all this as a 197/200 package. Don't just rely on the website though, speak to them, or me (I'm currently the only GEN90 trained external dealer for K-tec)

I run a GEN90 in my 172 demo car, and when that goes in a few weeks, the 197 I'll get to replace it will run one as soon as possible.

It's on a handful of cars. The only things being perfected are CANbus systems so the dash, cruise, fuel computer etc all work as standard. Running the engine side of things is relatively straightforward

FYI it's £1040 for the ECU, you need an adapter as the GEN90 is Plug and play for a mk2, but a little different for a mk3. Once the kit it finalised you'll get all this as a 197/200 package. Don't just rely on the website though, speak to them, or me (I'm currently the only GEN90 trained external dealer for K-tec)

I run a GEN90 in my 172 demo car, and when that goes in a few weeks, the 197 I'll get to replace it will run one as soon as possible.

To be honest I'd still have a stand alone ECU rather then a plug and play but haven't got that kind of money to throw away right now, in the process of buying my first house too lolol so this would be cool instead if the positives prove worth it, not really looking to spend over 3K on a SA Lolz.

To be honest I'd still have a stand alone ECU rather then a plug and play but haven't got that kind of money to throw away right now, in the process of buying my first house too lolol so this would be cool instead if the positives prove worth it, not really looking to spend over 3K on a SA Lolz.

I think you're mixing terminology. The GEN90 is a full standalone engine management solution.

Doesn't it just use the normal loom, clocks etc though? Surely the capabilities would be a lot less then other SA ECUs.

the standard 197/200 is a very restrictive ecu, cant really do much with it, the gen90 replaces the 197/200/172/182 etc ecu, basically alot more to play with when mapping, even when turboing, supercharging, TBs etc, some of the turbo 172s made improvements in power from standard ecu to the gen90.