Gear Change Beep

Been watching a few videos recently on the nurburgring and when watching ones with clios the seem to have a beeping noise when it comes to gear changes, these are on 200's but wondering if I can get this on my 197?

Many thanks

Don't they beep on the R27s too?! Could get one of those binnacles?!

Last edited:
It would need to be recalibrate by someone with the correct software. I've heard a range of quotes on here and it can be quite expensive.

To be fair the 200 dials with the beep was good up to a point, but I didn't take mine to the redline weekly never mind daily so after the novelty of the beep wore off it just became a pain as my mileage was never set to the correct mileage.

Digging up a few topics from the dead today chaps :smile:

I THINK i remember hearing this "BEEP" a few times; but forgot to ask about it.

Does / is this supposed to sound just before the rev-limiter to indicate time to hook another cog ?

Digging up a few topics from the dead today chaps :smile:

I THINK i remember hearing this "BEEP" a few times; but forgot to ask about it.

Does / is this supposed to sound just before the rev-limiter to indicate time to hook another cog ?

Yes. Both 197 and 200 have a green light which comes on when approaching the rev limit, the 200 has an additional beep.

Reactions: sevenfourate
The beep from the 200 clocks is one of the best features on the car. Went out for a drive with an F-Type and M3 this morning on some amazing country roads and because of the beep, it meant I could keep my eyes on the road. Love how the beeps become closer when you reach the redline.