Garage quote

JSD

Platinum Member
£100 to change the rear brake calipers, is this reasonable?
Thought it would be a half hour job due to the fact I have two new calipers to swap on (old ones rusted and the garage told me it would not be possible to strip them as they are sealed units, dumb of me to take their word for it I know).
How easy is this job, could I do it myself without too much technical know-how?
Thanks

Thanks but I need to remove the whole caliper not just the pads, bits I'm stuck with are the handbrake cable and brake lines :/

With regards the quote, I was charged 1 hour labour £48+vat) to have one caliper replaced. Hope that's useful.

It's just started snowing where I am, so giving up on it today. Think the handbrake cables are the problem not the calipers under closer inspection.
Phoned bolsover car care and they will replace both rear calipers for £50 which is not bad.

Wish I'd went to a decent mechanic first time round!
I have a pair of new calipers now, might as well fit them.
Although, had one of the calipers half off earlier (ie lines still connected), and it looks like it maybe the handbrake cables :worried: spoke to bolsover about it earlier and they've ordered some new cables and will judge if it needs them tomorrow. [MENTION=31057]Rye197[/MENTION] I'm currently living in Nottingham near the centre, so bcc is about an hours drive from me, but I'd rather that than carry on wasting my money at sh!te garages!