Fuel tanker driver strikes

Yep c+e, I wouldn't be to bothered because it wouldn't be particually difficult job but am supposed to be going to Florida on the 27th of April
And they have to give a weeks notice to strike and as the haven't yet it's looking more and more likely am going to miss out on my holiday, what is the Strike actually about ? It can't be pay they earn significantly more than me so I'm told

reportedly £45,000 a year! striking over safety issues as well

send them on a CLP driving a tanker and see them moan about safety issues!

Some people really don't know how good they have it, well at least when I do eventually get out il be able to get a decent paying job

Not unless you've completed your 5 year CPC driver course you won't. When I left the army ( I assume your in the forces ) with my C+E I also fell short of this technicality and ended up forking out nearly a grand for the compulsory training!

are you a fuel tanker driver Ben? I really want to know the facts about the strike can't seem to find it on the net

Oh right ok, but if were are going to be driving the fuel tankers surely we have to as qualifyed as the civvie drivers? Otherwise it would be illegal, anyways if I do end up doing it am keeping a tank for myself so I won't have to pay for fuel for a while lol

No because you'll be driving military owned vehicles so your exempt from CPC training requirements, just like they don't require tachos. I dont know how much things have changed since I left but you should be driving the Osh Cosh tractor units? Although I think a few logistic regiments still have a few Seddon Atkinsons left? Are you RLC?

I don't know the full details yet but duty rumour is we will be driving the civvi tankers and going to leconsfield to be famierised , no am a vm in the reme

Such young people driving such huuuuuuge vehicles lol!!!!

Wish I could, I haven't even got my C1!

Yeah, its something to do with working hours. They are all just a bunch of ungrateful, obnoxious tossers who want more!

People using the bus: Bus w@nkers
Panic Buyers: Petrol w@nkers
Tanker Drivers: Tanker w@nkers

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Such young people driving such huuuuuuge vehicles lol!!!!

Wish I could, I haven't even got my C1!

Yeah, its something to do with working hours. They are all just a bunch of ungrateful, obnoxious tossers who want more!

People using the bus: Bus w@nkers
Panic Buyers: Petrol w@nkers
Tanker Drivers: Tanker w@nkers

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

nothing like being "neutral" is there!!!!:swiss:

I don't know the full details yet but duty rumour is we will be driving the civvi tankers and going to leconsfield to be famierised , no am a vm in the reme

Me too mate i was in REME as a VMB for 6 years ( although i believe they've scrapped the whole A and B classifications now and everyone works on tracked and wheeled equipment? ) Some of the best days of my life no doubt!

Similar Thread Suggestions