Front Suspension HELL!

Good god what a nightmare these 197's are. I read every post and how to on here about the front suspension and lots of people swearing about it haha.

Doesn't help my car seemed particularly rusty in this area. Not sure why - the rest of the car is ok. Driveshafts are quite corroded on the surface. Shocks were extremely rusty - no paint left on them. Bolts for the suspension were a pig to get out. Drop links were very rusty - I got the nuts most of the way off but decided just to cut them they were so bad. Need to undo or cut the drop links from the arb still tho which will be fun.

Hoping the Bilsteins will go in easier if I put the spring seat right down to the bottom??

I had mine fitted last week at a garage and they had a torrid time fitting the fronts. Biggest issue was getting the new struts on the front spindle. Both sides. Got there in the end though.

I done my my springs in October and have to admit not the easiest struts to get off! Persisted with the front bolts tho and managed to get them off.